Trippi's Hummer the Final Chapter (Eye Candy on page 36 & 52)

To answer n8s questions, as Dom answered them for me

Wire change: he thinks blue and orange look dumb together. And the main runs to the front were black. He didn't want to use black for power (Berger has since stated those were the original runs, and it was intended for those to be replaced down the road)

No fuses: he wants to guarantee that a battery is always connected, in case the rears are ever maintenanced or disconnected. The only way he could guarantee that was by how he did that. We didn't get a chance to discuss further into detail on that before the "thread" was deleted

Fuel cell: he had to move it for the battery (to address the problem above) and the alternators on that side. He also does not agree with a fuel cell in an engine bay. Once again, we did not get to address this further. The fueling issue was the whole reason I became active in this thread, but I believe it has been accounted for by Berger now.

And for Dom, the exhaust issue we started to talk about has been resolved. In theory at least

I know most of you are tired of posts in this thread, but I don't think it can go anywhere else without getting instantly out of control.

The issues have been answered. It is up for the builders to work it out. A color scheme can be easily resolved by trippi. The rest can be engineered around. It's just a give and take between them, and there is plenty of time when neither of them have the truck to work those kinks out

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

my .2 cents

fuck the warranty and rewire the alts and fuse them.. rather lose out on 12 alts over the hummer plus equipment.. if you really believe he builds solid alts then you shouldnt worry about them going to shit.

for people saying if the fuse goes bad it can damage the alts.. i think that the last worry and if it wasnt worth it why do cars come fused from factory?

Not all cars come fused from the alts. My 2012 tundra didn't. Or 2011 Camry. Or 2003 tahoe. Or 95 Aerostar. Or 95 integra.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

I'm done eating breakfast

I mean dinner. Are you ?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Wow... Just wow...

Hope it works out. I really do.

my .2 cents

fuck the warranty and rewire the alts and fuse them.. rather lose out on 12 alts over the hummer plus equipment.. if you really believe he builds solid alts then you shouldnt worry about them going to shit.

for people saying if the fuse goes bad it can damage the alts.. i think that the last worry and if it wasnt worth it why do cars come fused from factory?

Not all cars come fused from the alts. My 2012 tundra didn't. Or 2011 Camry. Or 2003 tahoe. Or 95 Aerostar. Or 95 integra.

You would be hard pressed to find car that comes fused from the alt like that; even cars with batts in the back.....

The most they will have is a disable link but that is very rare

Alts need a constant battery.... It's that simple

Ever try hooking up a msd box to power and ground off the alt? It won't work..... Needs the compasitence from battery

I didn't understand why burger wanted orange and blue it is a little off color scheme

Well not for him the Uof A must be getting to him

:lol2:

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

my .2 cents

camry fuse

DSC05646.JPG

DSC05681.JPG

just because you cant see them or dont look like regular fuses it dont mean they arent there

my .2 cents

You would be hard pressed to find car that comes fused from the alt like that; even cars with batts in the back.....

The most they will have is a disable link but that is very rare

Alts need a constant battery.... It's that simple

Ever try hooking up a msd box to power and ground off the alt? It won't work..... Needs the compasitence from battery

I didn't understand why burger wanted orange and blue it is a little off color scheme

Well not for him the Uof A must be getting to him

:lol2:

i know alts need to have constant power from battery so it wont go to shit .. it dont mean you shouldnt run a fuse. if the fuse pops it means you have a short, a short means sparks and fire.. i think a car company rather see a car blow an alternator than for the car to burn down and kill people in it.. i know what you mean but you are trying to save a $500 part vs a car and even a life

so if you dont run a fuse in line with alt why even fuse the runs to the back?

edit: i will stop the thread jacking now..

To answer n8s questions, as Dom answered them for me

Wire change: he thinks blue and orange look dumb together. And the main runs to the front were black. He didn't want to use black for power (Berger has since stated those were the original runs, and it was intended for those to be replaced down the road)

No fuses: he wants to guarantee that a battery is always connected, in case the rears are ever maintenanced or disconnected. The only way he could guarantee that was by how he did that. We didn't get a chance to discuss further into detail on that before the "thread" was deleted

Fuel cell: he had to move it for the battery (to address the problem above) and the alternators on that side. He also does not agree with a fuel cell in an engine bay. Once again, we did not get to address this further. The fueling issue was the whole reason I became active in this thread, but I believe it has been accounted for by Berger now.

And for Dom, the exhaust issue we started to talk about has been resolved. In theory at least

I know most of you are tired of posts in this thread, but I don't think it can go anywhere else without getting instantly out of control.

The issues have been answered. It is up for the builders to work it out. A color scheme can be easily resolved by trippi. The rest can be engineered around. It's just a give and take between them, and there is plenty of time when neither of them have the truck to work those kinks out

I understand why extreme competition vehicles are unfused.

They are strictly competition devices and they don't demo.

Trippi's Hummer is going to be what a 100kW demo monster?

Therefore a LOT of people will be in and around it all day at a show.

So Dom wants a constant load (battery) on each Alt, Therefore you're (Iraggi) is willing to risk public safety for an event that might happen once or never just to protect his alternators....???

Why can't Iraggi tell the customer to never run the system without the proper battery bank if he's so worried?

When would this happen anyway?

"During 'maintenance', what the hell, let's crank the system and see what we can do without batteries........" ?

Sounds shady to me.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I agree with you exactly wicks

I wasn't stating my logic. I was stating Dom's answers.

As he said, I am one of the few people who knows some of the specifics.

So I laid them out

I think a load battery mounted to the side that is connected to the entire alt system would solve that issue wonderfully. Then the twelve main runs could be fused

Yes I have a lot of stereo weight. I build for Smiles Per Gallon not Miles Per Gallon LOLZ

My build - 1996 4Runner with 2 18s - 149+ in a sealed box (with radiators)

0a4ee87c-28c8-4bf8-9dfe-5a06b9dea2dc_zps

3e3eb9dd-70f8-4424-ad11-ccebcd929ac4_zps

Archived