Entry Level SQ

jreese92

I'm trying to put a good sounding system together and I need to find a good sounding sub so i need opinions. So far i have the JBL power series components and 6x9s, I'm considering a 5 channel amp like the rockford P1000x5. I'm looking for around a 500 watt sub, most likely a ten. I've considered the JBL Power 10", JL 10w3, Image Dynamics IDQ 10. Is there anything else i should consider?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

I know Ascendant Audio has a really nice SQ sub, rated for lower power and I am sure it could take that 500 watts like a champ in the right enclosure. Also try the Fi-Q, that is a SQ based line of subs from the company Fi.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

ok thanks for the help, i think i might give these a try if the price is right

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Lets talk about Front stage and image ... If you wnat "entry lever SQ" ...

How do you have your front components installed ??

Sub pressure should be the last thing on your mind if you want to build "Sound Quality" ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to put a good sounding system together and I need to find a good sounding sub so i need opinions. So far i have the JBL power series components and 6x9s, I'm considering a 5 channel amp like the rockford P1000x5. I'm looking for around a 500 watt sub, most likely a ten. I've considered the JBL Power 10", JL 10w3, Image Dynamics IDQ 10. Is there anything else i should consider?

Look at PHD! Go away from 6x9 and buy adapter to 6.5. PHD has great audiophile speakers and are not real expensive. 10" sub is a personal thing you may have to try different models. Make sure to sort out whether it is SQ or SPL. Good SQ brands: Morel, Sundown, ID, Rainbow, DLS, Hertz, Audison, Arc, Focal & Alpine SWR. These you will need to see if you can hear before buying. Not all of these will fit your need without test driving. Good wires. No JBL or JL.

Archived