Class D for SQ mid amp?

audio1der

Still for class A/B, the fact that the HD amps are a combination of digital circuitry and class D turns me away.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I haven't heard a difference in properly built/installed/tuned systems to be honest. I don't have the most trained ears ever, but I am not a total noob when it comes to music, I do have a degree in music Ed. And if people are using the to win SQ contests, that should tell you something.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ignorance runs wild.

Gary Summers runs nothing but the Alpine PDX amps in his MECA car. Did very well at finals awhile back. Google his name, his background more then qualifies whether class D is worth a shit or not ;)

Look, it's ok to not know and go off what was the norm a few years back. 5-6 years back i would say class D wasn't worth a shit for SQ. Times change, so should closed minds ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Ignorance runs wild.

Gary Summers runs nothing but the Alpine PDX amps in his MECA car. Did very well at finals awhile back. Google his name, his background more then qualifies whether class D is worth a shit or not ;)

Look, it's ok to not know and go off what was the norm a few years back. 5-6 years back i would say class D wasn't worth a shit for SQ. Times change, so should closed minds ;)

Exactly!

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Ignorance runs wild.

You may actually have a point there, technology is advancing rapidly

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Funny thing is, Most of the top SQ cars have all switched to class d amps.......

Hmmm ... I was at Spring Break Nationals (this year), USACI world Finals (last year), and Scrapin the Coast (this year) and did not see hardly any Class D amps on mids and highs in the SQ competitions, and very few with them on sub bass ... I looked through vehicles from Team Hybrids, Team Focal, Team TCA (Todd Crowder Audio), Team DAD, Team Linear, man this list goes on ... but those are some of the LARGEST teams in SQ these days ... That MUST tell you something there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

That amp may be a big exception to the rule ... beings that amp cost around 800.00 plus

not many people can pay for 4 of them just for a 2 way active setup ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Though we speak of class D, and class A/B amps, but what about vacuum tube amps for SQ, do they exist in the car audio world?

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

but what about vacuum tube amps for SQ, do they exist in the car audio world?

Wish i could get my hands on one to try it out ...

Found one, though I'm not surprised at the price, tube amps aren't known to be cheap, actually known the be the opposite

http://www.butleraudio.com/car.php

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived