Well I hope the recones turn out good for you man. I can't wait to see them. They look nasty strong and sexy at that :)

So what do you have planned next after you fix the subs? Back to the front stage / beautifying the trunk?

You know its bad when you say "I should save some money soon now that my car is almost done" ... And your girlfriend busts out laughing at you. Your predicament with the sub reminded me of that yesterday since your build is so close to being done and that crap happens. But my story It was 100% justified since I put a 650$ alternator on my card and forgot to save money to do something for her birthday in 6 days -_-... She just laughed and said she loves me regardless. (Best gf ever)

Thanks Dude, can't wait either. They are going to look sexxxay. ;)

Next?

Well, get the subs back in and then wrap up the trunk so I can get this thing in SOTM already.

Then since I have the 360.3, I want to go active. For that I have to change up the highs amps which will be a lot of trunk work again and attack the door panels.

Whoa...Man...if she said that...she's a keeper! :D

Well that's really too bad man, I remember your old separation of your box on the bottom curious the extent of the damage this time. AT least you got two trophies but it's too bad you couldn't beat the guy you've been against for months. Sucks having to pull subs again AND recone, UGH! I feel for you bro, everyone loves your build, lol. BUT in no time you will be back at it and we will all be tuned in again, haha, best of luck

Damage this time is simply a hole torn into the paper cone. The Sub still worked but the cone was shredding so it had to go.

That is a bummer I couldn't beat the guy I was battling, but I may have another chance at the next show. We'll see.

Hopefully I get it done cuz he's planning on changing his category so may not get my redemption. ;)

Thanks Dude :drinks:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Sucks to hear about the blown out surround. I'm in the same boat right now hehe

I'm not reconing mine though. I DGAF and I play them anyway. Trunk is covered in surround chunks lol

Sucks to hear about the blown out surround. I'm in the same boat right now hehe

I'm not reconing mine though. I DGAF and I play them anyway. Trunk is covered in surround chunks lol

Ohh no, you to? There's some cone cancer going around then cuz I'm seeing it everywhere :o

LOL. I was going to keep playing mine but I think the hole was causing the coil to be offset and rub. Was hearing some scratching at higher volumes...didn't like it.

Dude........my entire car is covered with black cloth fibers.....and a few chunks.

While I was testing right as it blew, I was looking forward at my laptop screen. Next....a harsh rattling noise and HUGE POOF of black fibers everywhere.

I dropped my head and knew what happened. :(

LOL, that's awesome, you shoulda kept it in the box and throw it on the wall socket to see hwo many DeeBeez you can get out of it :)

I was planning on doing just that. I would have had to plug the other hole which would have taken some work.

But I thought about other vids showing a sub on a wall socket and remember seeing smoke and sparks and sometimes fire.

I figured having that spray all over my car wouldn't be a good thing so I decided not to.

I'm glad too, that STINK.... Ick, it gets everywhere. The inside of my are would still be smelling like fried coil.

The bare basket and motor still stink.........

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

That's pretty encouraging there buddy. I love my XL's. I hope I can hold onto them. I was thinking of moving it all to the truck since I don't know what my daily situation is going to be for a while. But I don't think it'll be enough in the truck. I could always double everything. 4xl's on 4 3500's. But I don't have that kind of coin right now. We'll see. I thought about selling em and getting 8 10's but that's alot of money too.

Anyway, I like seeing that you clip yours pretty good and they're still clean. I know mine get hit up pretty hard too. Sometimes a little smelly, but just a little. I'll be interested to see what they look like too.

Ok enough talk from me. Carry on buddy!

Recones are here! :D

IMG_0152_zps46967fc7.jpg

IMG_0153_zps1f6ae2ad.jpg

That surround.......... :o

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived