whoa.jpg

WOW........all these comments guys...... Means a lot. :drink40:

now dats a port bruh. Damn dude that deck looks tits. and to top it off you covered it in suede. I was thinking you were going to do a CF wrap at first

keep it up, can't imagine what's next :good:

Thanks Andrew! Covered in flocking fibers actually.

LOT's more coming :)

That rear deck looks amazing 5*'s !!!!

Thanks Sir!

Rear deck is awesome. Love how the flocking looks. pretty sure you just blew my mind once again. this build has some of the coolest ideas in it. I may go into withdrawal when you finish :rofl:

HA, no worries. I have SOOOO many ideas running through my head that I want to do, it'll take me a couple years to "finish".

:good:

WOW!! mouth dropping work on that rear deck. stunning!

Thanks Man!

Back in like '94 I was walking around a vehicle with my coworker that he was judging. Dude opens the trunk and my buddy chuckles a bit and says "nice flocking amp rack."

Well, 20 years later I'll say it again. Nice flocking rear deck Wicks. Looks good and you're learning fast. Keep up the quality work and nice to see some old school techniques being used still.

Flocking A Dude, flocking A.

LOL.

I love me some old school. ;)

Holy. Fuck.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

Thanks Hunter! :drinks:

Looks great :popcorn:

Thank you Sir.!!

Blown away by that rear deck, Wicks... My dad loves it too, it has him sold on how to do the Volvo :D

Awesome, glad I could help. I'd love to see the results, make sure you post up some pics!

This build is the SHIT! :drinks: love that port.

:drink40: Thanks Dude. Much appreciated.

That port is stupid sexy bro. Looks like it came with the car.... yes that good. Kudos

Thanks Man! I agree, I wanted it to look good and stealthy. Now seeing it done, I love how smooth it all came out. :good:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I've officially run out of words to describe this build, amazing work as always man!

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Wooaaaaahhhhhh that flocking stuff, that's really wild

I feel like your entire build is outside the box thinking. I dig it.

What sort of texture is it if you feel your deck lid with your hands? Is it carpet-like/soft or hard?

I've officially run out of words to describe this build, amazing work as always man!

LOL, thanks Leo!

You better invent some new words then cuz I ain't done yet....... ;)

JK. Thanks for the great comments Dude.

Wooaaaaahhhhhh that flocking stuff, that's really wild

I feel like your entire build is outside the box thinking. I dig it.

What sort of texture is it if you feel your deck lid with your hands? Is it carpet-like/soft or hard?

It is wild! You almost have to see it live.

HA, you nailed my viewpoint. There are TONS of great builds here. I just want to see what I can do to make mine stand out a bit.

If it does, then I couldn't be more happy.

Its a dense and fuzzy texture that's soft and durable.

The same thing used for goose/duck decoys; jewelry boxes, x-mas trees; etc.

If anybody is at all curious, I'd suggest checking it out.

Its a pretty simple process that has GREAT results.

I can't tell you how nervous I was to start the flocking. I put in SOOO much time into sanding it and all that I really didn't want to screw it up.

Turns out it wasn't that bad at all.

Those pics were with my crappy iPhone too.

I'll get some more pics with my better camera as I further finish the area in the near future.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

GREAT install. Wow! That Port. WOW x2.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Ahhh ok I know the stuff your are talking about. Pretty slick

GAAAAHHHHHHH! My eyes and brain are about to shut down, 40 pages! (I studied every pic)

Excellent build, thank you kindly for including your struggles and failures, that's what we learn the most from! I would definitely recommend using a USB Flash drive, and make sure all you test racks are at least 192 kbs, I accept nothing less that 320 kbs. It also helps to check how loud your test tracks are using a free to download program, Audacity. The latest version has tools for dynamic balancing, fixing clipping(a little anyways) and of course equalizing your favorite tracks or slowing them WAYYYY down for that low end rumble!

Try out the USB. I too have a Kenwood Excelon series, KDC x396 specifically, and I've found that I had to re-tune my amps because it made so much difference. I've been using my Walkman MP3 for everything, I had no idea it could make that much difference. Well, I have 2 JL audio amps, so there's a lot of sensitivity to fidelity, particularly in the low end response, but it allows the HU to be the signal source, resulting in less total processing of the music, and a cleaner signal, and typically that means you can turn the gains down some more. My sub amp is tuned on a 40 hz tone I made in Audacity at 0db, and played without any equalizers with the USB, at volume 28 of 35, plenty of headroom before the HU distorts, used my cheap multimeter to measure 30.5 volts AC, the recommended being 31.6 for this particular amp, and I can roll my windows down and flex the windows at a pawnshop, I'm currently trying to get a videos of the flex! Check out my build log for more info, here.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177026-chevy-2004-malibu-build-log/#entry2609728

I have a lot of ideas of my own, as some as I have some expendable income, I'll be tinkering again, I've got a plan already, and all the wiring will be redone, really neat.

Also, I feel you should check this out, it may help the crap out of you, this guy is great! He's in the SOTM this month! Last I checked he was in the lead, he's got you beat on how clean the install is, too. Your's is bigger, but his is better looking, you'll know what I mean, no hate at all. Anyway, here's his youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CarAudioFabrication

Man, my brain hurts! So much to think about, thanks for posting you build!

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Great build! I was wondering how those RG6 coax rcas worked out for you? I was about to spend a arm and a leg getting high quality rcas for my mid/high amp cause I get a shit ton of radio noise with the cheap ones I am using now but if this is better at reducing noise etc I would love to go that route

Great build! I was wondering how those RG6 coax rcas worked out for you? I was about to spend a arm and a leg getting high quality rcas for my mid/high amp cause I get a shit ton of radio noise with the cheap ones I am using now but if this is better at reducing noise etc I would love to go that route

Thanks!

I was never really able to fully test out the original RG6 cables before the ends started pulling off the cables and I knew the interconnection wasn't good enough.

So I scrapped them for the SMD Coax cables.

Then I found out my amps had differential inputs which would work better with twisted pair cables.

Sure enough, one of my SMD cables was damaged in some troubleshooting... :(

Currently I'm working on making my own custom cables again.

I love the SMD cables and will recommend then openly, but I'm a DIY kind of guy so I'd like to see what I can do.

If you have excessive induced noise in your system, then check the continuity between your HU ground and the outside conductor of your HU RCA jacks.

Also look at what type of amp inputs you have.

The "type" of RCA cable is more important then anything.

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

Archived