Sonic Electronix

Stick with your audiopipe better than hifonics imo.

i agree with him also

id pick audiopipe ANYDAY over any line of hifonics amp..period..

ive had alot of experience with ap..and no bad reviews for me

Wait till Kranny read this. But in my opinion stay with the AP 1500, on a good electrical system a AP 1500 can do over 1800 watt´s RMS.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

yea people do hate on them.. i think its because they are cheap and people think they dont put out rated power ( and they do..and CLEAN power too)..lots of videos to prove it.. or they had a "friend" that had one and it blew..prolly bc he was using extension cords for pwr n grnd and 20g speaker wire

lol. lol. lol.

edit: both amps suck, so you lose either way

Edited by Kranny

I've been waiting for Kranny to respond haha I like the ap, does the job for me. I'm saving up for something better currently but with my shitty job its going to take some time plus its not a priority to me. Ill keep the ap until I can afford something better. Although it is quite the current hog for sure

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

I did an extensive test with amplifiers from 1200 to 1600 watts on their manuals, i did tried the brz1200.1 against the ap1500.1 , both of them wired at 0.5 ohms and gains set with an O-scope, the AP1500 MURDERED the brz1200.1 by 500 watts and 0.7 dbs louder on the termlab, i wouldn´t change your amplifier for the brz1200.1 unless he gives you some extra money lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I did an extensive test with amplifiers from 1200 to 1600 watts on their manuals, i did tried the brz1200.1 against the ap1500.1 , both of them wired at 0.5 ohms and gains set with an O-scope, the AP1500 MURDERED the brz1200.1 by 500 watts and 0.7 dbs louder on the termlab, i wouldn´t change your amplifier for the brz1200.1 unless he gives you some extra money lol

Then again the brz isn't meant to run at .5ohms. Its meant only for 1 ohm and up

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Just like the AP wich isn´t meant to be wired at 0.5 ohms either, i did that testing with the amplifiers wired @ 0.5 ohms so i could get an impedance rise to 1.1 ohms and make the test very accurated

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

yea people do hate on them.. i think its because they are cheap and people think they dont put out rated power ( and they do..and CLEAN power too)..lots of videos to prove it.. or they had a "friend" that had one and it blew..prolly bc he was using extension cords for pwr n grnd and 20g speaker wire

lol. lol. lol.

edit: both amps suck, so you lose either way

thats what broke gets you dude... we cant all afford dc 5ks

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Yeah I do love my ap but a lot of people on here seem to hate it. I think its a better idea to stay with it too, gives me a better option at 1ohm when I upgrade. Thanks guys.

your wrong. totally wrong. do not do rated power and especially not clean.

Audiopipe amps and Hifonics amps are in the same category, cheap ass amps that are overrated a little but people will buy them because they are the only option at the budget they are willing to spend.

so you tested 2 amps that dont have the same rating in the first place, and made a conclusion by wiring 2 completely different circuits at an impedance level that had nothing to do with what the amps rating was. different amps handle impedance differently, and not all amps make the same kinda power gains when wired down. So your "test" is pointless.

i didn´t test only those 2 amps, i tested 11 different amplifiers from 1200 to 1600 watts on specs, the brz1200.1 was the smallest i tested, i´m saying that the AP1500 it´s way stronger than the hifonics, all the amplifiers were raising to around 1.1 ohms, that test was only to show the real watts they could make at a final impedance of 1 ohm on a good electrical with the gains set with an O-scope, nothing more than that, the AP1500.1 it´s stronger than the BRZ1200.1period! wich one can take more abuse? play for more hours? i don´t know, that little test was just for fun , if you think it was pointless then be my guest, but it helped many people to maybe choose one over the other one when it comes to buying a new amp on that power and price range, the RF1500.1 lost against the DD m1b wich is cheaper, just an example ;)