What's up fellow car audio enthusiasts? Brand new member, and this is my first post so I apologoze for my forum "rookiness" in advance

I am seriously considering doing my first bus bar for power/ground in my next install. This is going in my '03 Expedition.

To help, you may need this info:

I am going to be running 1/0 from the alternator to the battery bank; 1/0 from bat bank to bus bars (1 for positive and one for ground). I want to connect my 3 amps (Kicker ZX2500.1; RF BD1500.1; RF 851X), my cap (RFC10HB), and any other stuff I may add such as another amp, sound processor, etc. all to the bus's.

Will this cause any sort of problem, specifically will the capacitor still be able to do it's job? Please save your opinions of the usefullness or lack thereof on the capacitor, I am just interested in your knowledge on the gain/loss I may see.

Thank you all for your help

well lets start it off like this..

why are you wanting to mix match sub amps?/ also any alternator or battery bank to supply anything?

also 1 run of 0g for 2 amps is reallly stretching the limits if the 0g wire..

and ditch the cap they do more harm than good in basic systems.. capacitors only store a INSTANT charge..as soon as its depleted it will continue to drain the batteries to keep itself "charged" therefore making the alternator work alot harder than needed..and ive seen many with digital readout n shit,,come on and off during the day n night and drain the battery even more..

<br />

well ;lets start it off like this..<br />

why are you wanting to mix match sub amps?/ also any alternator  or battery bank to supply anything?<br />

also 1 run of 0g for 2 amps is reallly stretching the limits if the 0g wire..

</p>

<p> </p>

First, thank you for taking the time to reply.....

I will answer your questions in order although I am not sure of the relevance to this thread, but like I said I am new here so I will play along... Mixing sub amp brands because I will have two boxes, one with the RF 12's powered by the Kicker amp, another box with it's own airspace and 2 RF 15's. My hookup is no longer an authorized retailer of Rockford Fosgate, so I am getting a kicker amp. I already own the BD1500.... Next, you ask about alternator or battery bank, in my post I stated that I had both.

I do respect your opinion, but I also stated.... "Please save your opinions of the usefullness or lack thereof on the capacitor" I personally like having them, and am fully aware of what they do and don't do.

I am new to this forum, and have never run a bus bar. I am not new to car audio, I guess I should have also stated that.

So, with all of that being said,will the cap feed the amps when all is hooked up to the bus bar?

thaks again....

" i knowingly want to have components in my system that do more harm then good, so please keep your comments about it to yourself" is basically what you said. So no comment. Good luck.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

just because EXO did it, doesnt mean its a good idea.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

Why not just have the bus bars on the batt terminals and get rid of the cap?

You're using 2 different sub amps...

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived