damn. you guys blew this thread up instantly lol.

here's the deal OP... a 150 out of a trunk is fucking HARD. no two ways about it. just by you asking what you are asking, we all know you wont get there. cramming the largest subwoofer possible into a trunk is not the way to do it either. you need the experience it takes to build a good box with proper clearance, direction, tuning, and air space. so if you want to hit 150db out of your trunk, hold off on buying anything for now. study up on how to build a great box. and i mean spend a few months on here looking at build logs and asking questions. THEN go give it a shot. you will be much happier with your results doing it that way.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Hey guys i have a 2006 chevy cobalt 4dr.im wanting to hit close to 150db. I was considering running two rockford t2 12s until i saw i could fit two 15s in my car.So what setup would be best??.. 2 rockford t1 15s or 1 DD 9515 maybe even run 1 DD 9518 its a beast but i want to hit good numbers! Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!!

If you really want to do a 150 or close to it, youd have to be open to more options and not just stick with the choices you listed.

Just note that it is very difficult to achieve a 150dB in a trunk car, and that difficulty is raised with a 4 door. So for the best chance in doing the 150, you need big power, at least 5000w I would estimate.

RF woofers are nice but not known for big numbers, there are other options out there for less or similar money that are more capable of high numbers.

In a trunk car it is very hard to get an optimal enclosure with large woofers. In your case I would say that a pair of 12s have the best chance.

So I suggest looking around at 2) 12s that can handle at least 2500w rms. Most wont rate that high but if you are doing short burps for metering, then a 1500w+ woofer will do, if you want high numbers on music, 2000-2500w rms + woofers will be in your choices.

Then a good solid amp that will do a minimum of 4500w rms total.

Upgrade your under hood batter and add a 2nd and even 3rd battery in the rear and preferrably upgrade your alternator unless you just plug into a charger every once in a while to top off the batts.

Out of all that I can suggest specific equipment but of course people are biased and preferences depend on a lot of things.

But I can at least list a few items that are capable of accomplishing that feat.

A strong Mechman Alternator

a Few XS Power Batteries and wire

A Sundown 4500 or NS-1

2) 12" Sundown Zs or Nightshades.

And I know where you can purchase them hehe

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Thank you for the info i know this post was very vague lol i just wanted a good starting point I did buy a big ass diehard platinum series marine battery( deep cycle) basically its a rebadged odessey batt. I was going to run two amps like i listed they do 1700rms at 2 ohm and 2500rms at 1 ohm

well you are not getting butt hurt at all the shit talking so you have a damn good shot of fitting in here so far. but again, please trust me lol, dont buy anything yet. look at build logs. look at what people do in their trunk cars. get a feel for what it takes to make a good box for one. it'll save you money and time in the long run.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

these are some scores off of a cobalt forum thread:

1. loco-performance - 146.8 dB - Two 12" Alpine Type R, Unknown Box, One Alpine MRD-M1005

2. EmperorJJ1 - 146.7 dB - One Resonant Engineering MT

3. sick06cobalt - 146 dB - Two 12" Diamond D3's, Ported Box, Rocksford Fosgate T80002

4. HackAbuse - 140.8 dB - Four SoundStream PCW-12's Sealed w/ 1.5ft^3 per woofer. Two Soundstream PCA-1000D's

5. tiny - 140.5 dB - One 12" Kicker L7, 2.5ft^3 Ported @ 42hz, Kicker KX600.1W

Archived