Second Skin Audio

alternatives for 45's?

New2Dis

how come on an aero-port, once you flare it, there is less wind noise (turbulence)?

because a flat open end whistles like when you blow across a bottle. there is a low pressure pocket created on the inside of the edge you blow on. air travels around this pocket, for the most part. flaring gets rid of this low pressure pocket by eliminating that outward 90*. but inside the box's edges you dont have this low pressure pocket because air flows into it and not around it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Tested with all three in, just one in the port mouth up top, and the two partially in and partially below the port with none of the three scenarios yielding a positive outcome. Placing one in the mouth like you suggest resulted in a loss of .4 dB.

And I was far from having a 45 in every corner. Which is meaningless to say as it was pointless in having any 45's in the first place.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

i use to be an SPL nut so any tenth lost or gain was a big deal to me how does it hurt spl i do not know the pysics behind it but i have tested the shit out alot of things to get them tenths to add up

this is for spl only by hear i doubt you will hear any differnces unless you lost a full db like memphisbred

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

everyones ear is differnt ive had boxes sound louder then get on the meter and see that i lost a db like WTF!!!

but most of the time yes you can.... a 1 db change not so much above 150 tho it just gets a lil more violent

its all about owning a term lab..

that will step your game up big time worked for our team nothing like instant knowlage of whats working whats not.... you can also test everything change 1 lil thing at a time test so you know everything you change is helping change 10 things that all add .1 tenth thats an added ful DB most of the time you can add 2 dbs with out spending a dime..BUT you will spend a lot of time

Any suggestions for gaining those tenths alpine? Anything that always worked for you?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

its all about owning a term lab..

that will step your game up big time worked for our team nothing like instant knowlage of whats working whats not.... you can also test everything change 1 lil thing at a time test so you know everything you change is helping change 10 things that all add .1 tenth thats an added ful DB most of the time you can add 2 dbs with out spending a dime..BUT you will spend a lot of time

yep....too bad i only have the ear-o-meter

thanks for sharing all your test results with the rest of us

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Archived