WTFFFFF PROBLEMS WITH REMOTE WIRE!!!

Have you checked for power at the back of the HU to make sure it's not just the remote wire broken somewhere in between?

I did, before I installed the remote wire, it was being used to turn on the amp, but it was ghetto-rigged and hooked up t the battery in the back instead of the HU. Before this instal the remote turned on the bazooka tube just fine.

I'll get pics up later of me trying to diagnose the problem :/

Doesn't mean that sometime during the swap it didn't get broken in two, or come loose from somewhere. I seriously doubt the remote out on the HU just quit working.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Have you checked for power at the back of the HU to make sure it's not just the remote wire broken somewhere in between?

I did, before I installed the remote wire, it was being used to turn on the amp, but it was ghetto-rigged and hooked up t the battery in the back instead of the HU. Before this instal the remote turned on the bazooka tube just fine.

Doesn't mean that sometime during the swap it didn't get broken in two, or come loose from somewhere. I seriously doubt the remote out on the HU just quit working.

Well I've already tried with a separate wire that I know isn't broken and wired it from the remote to the amp and nothing there. Nothing from the red either...

Well I've already tried with a separate wire that I know isn't broken and wired it from the remote to the amp and nothing there. Nothing from the red either...

If you don't have power on the red (ACC) wire then your head unit isn't going to cut on.

Edited by 727Designs

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

If you don't have power on the red (ACC) wire then your head unit isn't going to cut on.

everything on the HU is hooked up the way I had it before, red to red, black to black, yellow to yellow, blue to blue... etc. I know it should work just fine but it isn't.

Voltage from HU: 11.16 volts

6044e16e.jpg

Voltage from battery: 12.23 volts

3ec0d70a.jpg

I'm going to stop by the local car audio store and get some hands on help but the only thing that I can think of is that the HU isn't putting out enough voltage for the Kicker amp to turn on

Edited by Crandis16

I had problems with my remote wire once. I was running a wire and in the middle I had it electrical taped to another wire to get from the HU to the amp. For some reason, when it was wrapped in electrical tape it didn't work. So I took a wire connector and crimped it on and it worked fine. Just an idea.

Basshead-in-Training

I talked to the local guys at the car audio store and they suggested that I come back to them when I get my amp hooked up to the battery under the hood as opposed to the battery in the trunk (not hooked up to anything except the amp. So basically I have power and ground from the trunk battery (12.23volts) and the remote from the HU (11.16volts). I'm hoping that it isn't working because of the voltage difference, but I didn't think that this would be such a problem. I was also suggested to ground the trunk battery to the car...

I had problems with my remote wire once. I was running a wire and in the middle I had it electrical taped to another wire to get from the HU to the amp. For some reason, when it was wrapped in electrical tape it didn't work. So I took a wire connector and crimped it on and it worked fine. Just an idea.

There is a voltage coming off the wire so that doesn't seem necessary. I also just installed an illuminated toggle switch and that works, so I know now that there is power through the remote.

0305be74.jpg

5e60ec85.jpg

I have had this problem once before. I had an alpine headunit that was doing something similar. I used a new wire to hook up remote to the HU. The HU would not turn on the rockford amp that was used. I remember hooking up the remote to the accessory wire that turns on the stereo. That way the key sw controlled both the radio and the amp at the same time, and its right back behind the HU as well so you dont have to mess with anything else. I dont remember specifics of the HU problem, but this worked well as a solution.

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel