Sundown Audio

Will my amp stay cool enough behind wall?

Do this, 4 on each side pulling air across the amp, Berger did this on both of my cactus 12ks

IMAG1136.jpg

^^^ Do that.

Don't do the A/C idea. A/C has moisture in the air and it will condensate on your amps and most likely blow them or throw them into protect.

so having the ac on in my truck is bad for my amp since it's in the cab of my truck? He doesn't have to put the a/c duct directly on top of the amp....just entering the space back there to keep the temp down

Team Flex Issues

Alpha,.. that is wicked nice.... i still think the OP will be ok with what im understand he is doing... Id get it rolling,.... and see what happens... and go from there..

Shit,.. forgot what i really wanted to say. If you end up going the fan, or multiple fan route.... check out Ce Auto supply here... I use one of Tony's deluxe remote kits... uses a top of the line relay, is KISS (keep it simple stupid) to hook up and use.....and its perfect in every way... it will (safely) turn on a ba-gillion amps/fans/leds/you moms waffle maker/ whatever.....

Edited by KyLar96

Directing the vents/cool air in the general location of the amp is fine. Putting the vents with the air shooting directly onto the amp would cause a condensation problem.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

IMAG1136.jpg

and covered, amps never seem to get hot after pumping all day

2012-05-24_15-50-44_524.jpg

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

Alpha,.. that is wicked nice.... i still think the OP will be ok with what im understand he is doing... Id get it rolling,.... and see what happens... and go from there..

Shit,.. forgot what i really wanted to say. If you end up going the fan, or multiple fan route.... check out Ce Auto supply here... I use one of Tony's deluxe remote kits... uses a top of the line relay, is KISS (keep it simple stupid) to hook up and use.....and its perfect in every way... it will (safely) turn on a ba-gillion amps/fans/leds/you moms waffle maker/ whatever.....

http://www.ceautoelectricsupply.com/turnonrelaykits.html

link to the relays if anyone was looking for them

Team Flex Issues

that looks really nice. so I would put four on one side pushing air and four on the other side pulling air correct?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

thatd be correct but as far as the number of fans to use thats up to you youll just have to trial and error how many you need

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

ok cool, i honestly don't think 4 will fit but 3 should do. where do i get fans like that? would newegg be my best bet? just get regular computer fans?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

Parts express should have them too

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg