Sundown Audio

Will my amp stay cool enough behind wall?

I guess i will try to run the a/c back there but I'm honestly not sure how to do it or how it will turn out. The thing I'm worried about is during the summer it's already going to be hot in the back plus the heat the amp puts off. That's why I'm so worried about it.

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

It'll get warm and even get hot on the extreme heat of the summer, but shouldn't get too hot as to damage the amp or go into protect.

During all other seasons I doubt it'll get real warm depending on where you live and the weather.

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

so you think it'll be ok to just leave it in there with no fan? or should I add fans? also, I am going to put 2% tint on the rear hatch so that should help some.

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

the easiest way to power the fans that ive seen is simply tap into the amps remote

Uh...NO. Not what thats for. dont give advice if you dont know what you talkin 'bout Willis! Use the remote to trip a relay, to turn them on when amps come on, but not to directly power the fans. Thats no bueno. Power the fans from the battery bank he will have right there.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

ok, i would definitely use a battery to power it anyway. But everyone thinks I'll be ok with just fans back there, and not running a/c to the back? It will be completely sealed off.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

like i said before i have'nt used relays all that much so i didnt give advice on what i dont know about....also if you look up youll see that someone already corrected me on that....

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Do this, 4 on each side pulling air across the amp, Berger did this on both of my cactus 12ks

IMAG1136.jpg

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

^^^steve also did that with all of his and his amps are under the bass cube

Edited by Junior Russell

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

Do this, 4 on each side pulling air across the amp, Berger did this on both of my cactus 12ks

IMAG1136.jpg

^^^ Do that.

Don't do the A/C idea. A/C has moisture in the air and it will condensate on your amps and most likely blow them or throw them into protect.

Edited by HatersGonnaHate

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

like i said before i have'nt used relays all that much so i didnt give advice on what i dont know about....also if you look up youll see that someone already corrected me on that....

Not to be a dick, but you did give advice on something you dont know about. You suggested he use the remote wire to power the fans, not a good idea.. That statement indicates you dont know what you are talking about. Hence dont suggest it. Theres more to electricity than the voltage slick. Have to account for things like amps drawn, by what is being powered etc. etc..

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO