Second Skin Audio

help lol

How you wire your sub is going to determine the final ohm load the amp sees. Let's say you have a sub that is a dual voice coil sub. Let's say that it is a D4. That means that each coil is a 4 ohm coil. If you wire them in parallel, that brings the impedance down to 2 ohms. If you wire it in series, that will increase the impedance to 8. So depending on how you wire it determines what ohm load you amp sees.

The lower ohm load your amp sees, the more power your amp will give to the speaker, but it also requires more amperage from your electrical system.

Read as much as you can from the sites linked above and then read it again till it really sinks in.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

lol, check out crutchfield, they have some helpful wiring diagrams that I used to use to help learn about this stuff.

http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html

It really is hard to explain until you have a basic understanding of ohms law and parallel and series circuits. Just read up a little on it and you'll do just fine when it comes to wiring techniques

Parallel wiring calculation:

Rt=total resistance

R1=resistance of first coil

R2=resistance of second coil

both coils happen to be the same resistance

(+)..........(-)

I...............I

I___R1___I

I...............I

I___R2___I

(1/Rt)=(1/R1)+(1/R2)

and Series wiring... Rt=R1+R2

(+)------R1-------R2-----(-)

Edit: ignore the periods in the parallel example... it didn't like me putting just spaces in there so it made it all squished together

Edited by Crandis16

lol, check out crutchfield, they have some helpful wiring diagrams that I used to use to help learn about this stuff.

http://www.crutchfie...ers_wiring.html

It really is hard to explain until you have a basic understanding of ohms law and parallel and series circuits. Just read up a little on it and you'll do just fine when it comes to wiring techniques

Yeah, crutchfield is a great place to look at for beginners who like to know about stereo system. Check it out.

is their a book i can buy to learn this stuff... whats a d1? difference between parallel wiring and series? i need to do some research obviously lol

If you have trouble there are videos on utube about series, paralel, and series paralel. They are actually pretty easy to follow, just make sure to test with an ohm meter.

im getting into car audio and am about to move to phx arizona ... going to try to apply at a shop and get going....

As an installer?

I think tbh you're better off buying an electronic circuits book to learn, if you can learn to wire various components into circuits in various ways, no matter what scenario you're faced with you'll have no problems. Plus it's real handy knowing how electronics work when working with any systems, not just car audio. Helps avoid a lot of headaches.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I think tbh you're better off buying an electronic circuits book to learn, if you can learn to wire various components into circuits in various ways, no matter what scenario you're faced with you'll have no problems. Plus it's real handy knowing how electronics work when working with any systems, not just car audio. Helps avoid a lot of headaches.

There are many general rules like constant voltage throughout a parallel circuit and constant current through a series circuit. There's also stuff on capacitors.... you should never have to use capacitance when dealing with any of your systems I hope though lol. None of it is really difficult, it just takes some research really. I learned in class so I had it done the easy way :)