Sonic Electronix

IB wall not hitting as low as my box was

backseat with a wall and the IB facing forward is completely different, they might have meant a normal box with the sub facing back would be louder, a IB is far from a normal box lol.. i would seal it off, and face it forward and see if that does any different.

hell, i would switch sub and face it forward first, before anything else

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I though the sub was suppose to be designed to be IB sub. I don't believe the Alpine type R is designed to be IB

X2 Derrick...

but...how is it an infinite baffle without it being sealed properly?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

oh noes :( i didnt know it had to be a specialty sub, i thought you could just swap a sub in. if i seal it well wont it act similar to a sealed box? im thinking if i can build a ledge up top and seal the bottom and sides it will be like a ported box again? i really dunno what im doing :x i thought this was alot simpler than it is apparently

Sounds to me like it's a little more troublesome than designing and building a box. At least building a box doesn't require sealing off the trunk :/ how much power are you running to it? it might be possible to just do a box, but use lighter material or 1/2 MDF as opposed to 3/4 MDF

ok.. well it looks like you can use any sub but it needs to be firing into the cabin of the vehicle. Trunk has to be sealed good if you want it to sound good

No, not every sub will do great IB.

Thats first

Secondly, front to rear wave isolation is critical in IB setups.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

If you are hearing mechanical noise like the sub bottoming out is because they are on too much power. When I had an IB setup I was only running 120 watts a piece to my 18". I would run them in multiples if you want an IB setup and all under rms power unless they are specifically designed for this application. You could always try birch or making the box out of fiberglass. That could be a little lighter.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived