Damn that was smoking big time. sorry you lost an amp but glad you found it in time and still have a car.

Holy shit, good thing you caught it before it took out your whole car. I've never seen so much magic smoke come out of an amp.

haha yea, funny thing is, my garage is a mess from doing this enclosure for the dd, so I park outside with the car backed up 1 inch from the garage so it would not be possible for someone to open the trunk during a break in, it would have caught the house on fire also.

XS-power1.jpg

That sucks bro but just figured I would ask seeing I know shit about amp repairing but is it at all repairable.

I doubt it, the board is burnt up bad, also they dont make this anymore, or anything like it for that matter, someone chime in if im wrong about the repair

Dang that really sucks man. I wonder what could have caused it to do that though?

I really am not sure, this inst the first time something like this has happened to me, when I ran hydraulics on a car, I had a power wire melt to the battery rack and do the same thing.

XS-power1.jpg

If you look really close you can see it smoking. And if you look closer you can see that it's burnt to shit.

98 Isuzu Rodeo
Pioneer Deh-6300ub
SUBS
​*Upcoming* SSA Xcon 18 4th order
AMP
​Banda 3500
Mids/Highs
Pioneer
EQ
Clarion EQS746
ETC.
Two 1/0 run's
KnuKoncepts 1/0 big 3
Shuriken BT-100 under the hood
Shuriken BT-120 in the back

Is your positive wire fused near the battery?

I have the amp fuse 2 feet from the amp

If you look really close you can see it smoking. And if you look closer you can see that it's burnt to shit.

Yes, its burnt to shit.

20120530004401.jpg

Also, this turned into a good thing, the other half although i didn't stop hearing about it for 3 weeks after ordering the DD, gave me the go. So now i will hear about that and she wont talk about the sub anymore.

So lets double the power. I will have a new amp by the middle of next week.

Ive put to many hours in my project to set it aside and not get to try it out. Especially a new 9512 and let it collect dust, hell no.

XS-power1.jpg

Archived