So, the summer is here and the temp has already got pretty high. For those that work in a garage with out A/C. What are some tricks to help ya keep cool? This is my first year working in a garage with no A/C. Been spoiled till this job. I have a huge fan that we sit in the middle of one of our garage doors. My works garage can hold 25+ cars. It use to be where dodge did there custom work on there classic muscle cars back in the 70-80's. So, curious of what others do to help keep cool....

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

portacool_36_3s_main.jpg

Tell your boss to invest in one of these or you quit. If he bitches call OSHA. Bet there's a whole bunch of OSHA FAIL in his garage.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

portacool_36_3s_main.jpg

Tell your boss to invest in one of these or you quit. If he bitches call OSHA. Bet there's a whole bunch of OSHA FAIL in his garage.

The excess wire we get, we put in a huge bin and take to the scrap yard. We have almost 2,000 saved up. We was going to get a new table saw. Ours is not old but, we use it so much we want to get a higher end one. But, might suck it up and do this. Good idea. But, like I said we have a huge garage. sucks.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

and how hot is it where you are? in the shop i work in it gets 120 degrees in the summer and we just deal with it. a little sweat never hurt anyone.

I don't mind sweating. Monday and Tuesday this week it was 89 outside and then 132 in the garage. The shop manager is 35. Oldest guy in the store of 6. He gets very crabby in the heat. We said we are going to make him a snickers commercial. lol.

\Monday and Tuesday this week it was 89 outside and then 132 in the garage\

interesting that there is that much of a difference. do yall have a magnifying glass for a roof? im just gonna have to admit that i dont believe for a second that there would be that much of a difference.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Drink plenty of water. It helps to cool your body tempature. And then, maybe add more fans? Open window? I work at Amazon.com and there was no AC at that time, (hot as hell at the warehouse!!) we would have a wet cool bandage-like thing and keep it around our head or neck. It does help a lot. Maybe try that.

interesting that there is that much of a difference. do yall have a magnifying glass for a roof? im just gonna have to admit that i dont believe for a second that there would be that much of a difference.

There really can be. Living in Florida my garage can easily hit 100-115 in 80-90 weather if I don't open the back door and turn a fan on.

I'm gonna hate

There really can be. Living in Florida my garage can easily hit 100-115 in 80-90 weather if I don't open the back door and turn a fan on.

but your talking about a 20 degree difference... he is talkin about a 43 degree difference, which is just a little far fetched for anything other than an attic..

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg