Second Skin Audio

Low power subs that can play low?

Exactly. I want my sub to play so low I cant hear it.

Before I had any idea about frequencies (had no idea what hertz meant) I had this one screwed and chopped song. It was ridiculously slow (in the low teens) and all it did was make the woofers pop in and out. I found it fascinating, so when I stepped up to a better pair of subs and learned more about enclosure tuning, I said hey, I want to be able to play super low material (being that I listen to a lot of screwed and chopped music and even make it myself).

To me, cruising down the street jamming ~26hz is fun as hell and it's what I set my system up to do. I'm not saying it's better that way or that "sUbsONIcs r bettar foo!" but it's what I prefer, so naturally that's what I aimed for. Plus, when you get a song with a nasty drop into the teens (I have a few) its much better to let people feel the shockwaves than have to explain how low it is and how you can't hear it and blah blah.

So...long story short, my box is tuned to 28hz because it suits my listening habits and makes me happy. It will NOT suit everyone's listening habit or make everyone happy. Also, bitches may or may not like subsonic shockwaves.

i really think that people have a misconception of what low is anymore.

Is 20Hz Low haha. i meant low as in being able to play down to 23ish hz and slam

Why in the hell would you want to go around playing that low? I really think you should step back and re think what you want. The VVX is one hell of a woofer and with the right enclosure it will get down. I don't know if you seriously want to play low or what but the other day you wanted SQ. You are one very confused teen my friend, I really think you need to do some more research and pick one concrete plan you will stick with and stop changing your mind every other day. I really think you need to rebuild the box for the VVX and work on getting that right. I like the fact that I can play any song I want and I don't have to have a specific list of shit for my subs to "slam". Baby steps, baby steps,

lol so i have a bit of a problem of chaning my mind. but hey dont judge. and the vvx's are out cuz i cant afford them at 200 a piece. . nor do i need 600rms a piece

several skar vvx's should do the trick. they are low end beasts

i currently have a skar vvx 15. i like it but to much money to do 6 of them. and i dont need 600 a piece. only half that. may go with some IVXs but not sure

If your looking to do 300 watt subs rms. The IVX line would do you perfect, also, check out the Digital Designs 512b or 515b, cost the same as the IVX, same RMS and has a higher Fs though than the IVX.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Is 20Hz Low haha. i meant low as in being able to play down to 23ish hz and slam

Why in the hell would you want to go around playing that low? I really think you should step back and re think what you want. The VVX is one hell of a woofer and with the right enclosure it will get down. I don't know if you seriously want to play low or what but the other day you wanted SQ. You are one very confused teen my friend, I really think you need to do some more research and pick one concrete plan you will stick with and stop changing your mind every other day. I really think you need to rebuild the box for the VVX and work on getting that right. I like the fact that I can play any song I want and I don't have to have a specific list of shit for my subs to "slam". Baby steps, baby steps,

Unless you have a 100% flat response then some songs will always be louder than others...unless you have some kind of magical peak-less sub setup....I have a 200+ song playlist of stuff that's loud in my setup.

Why do people act like there are only 3 songs in the whole universe that drop below 32hz?

Mikey- haven't you posted a shit ton of questions like this??... I'm in no way being a cock, but, I thought you were decided on a build 3 weeks ago????

ur not a cock lol and yeah i almost got all the money to do so, and im one of those "you look at every possible friggen way of doing things" kinda person. no matter what, i like to impress and in the area, who wouldnt love 6-8 12's or 15? its just epic. lol the SQ i want still but i feel like getting a good pair of comps will at least start me off.

Mikey- haven't you posted a shit ton of questions like this??... I'm in no way being a cock, but, I thought you were decided on a build 3 weeks ago????

Yesterday he was going for a sq build.

There is just really no need to tune that low..

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Yesterday he was going for a sq build.

There is just really no need to tune that low..

Personal preference, if he wants to just feel it and not hear it, that's up to him. I am going to be getting a IVX-15 and tuning it so I can hopefully just dip into the non-hearing bass.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

lol so i have a bit of a problem of chaning my mind. but hey dont judge. and the vvx's are out cuz i cant afford them at 200 a piece. . nor do i need 600rms a piece

I am not judging you but I am starting to think you are a troll seriously and no offense but you have to really chill with these switch ups every day. I didn't say go buy more VVX's I said work on the one you have.

Unless you have a 100% flat response then some songs will always be louder than others...unless you have some kind of magical peak-less sub setup....I have a 200+ song playlist of stuff that's loud in my setup.

Why do people act like there are only 3 songs in the whole universe that drop below 32hz?

Oh no I know how many songs drop low there is a vast library of em but my comment was based off of Mikey saying he plays a lot of different music some of which won't get as low as he is trying to play, he will lose his high end playing that low. He will have to limit himself to specific types of music. I swear I am starting to think he is trolling the shit out of us, I am pretty understanding of someone wanting to learn and indecisive but literally there is a new idea everyday with no really thought put behind it.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived