Second Skin Audio

Low power subs that can play low?

again... to each thier own......... good luck,... and post some vids....

@ IBLEED - that was my curiousity as well,... i think ive added comments on like 25 of his "question" what this and that threads. And everyone is different,...lol... but,... fug it... whatever....

i really think that people have a misconception of what low is anymore.

Is 20Hz Low haha. i meant low as in being able to play down to 23ish hz and slam

Why in the hell would you want to go around playing that low? I really think you should step back and re think what you want. The VVX is one hell of a woofer and with the right enclosure it will get down. I don't know if you seriously want to play low or what but the other day you wanted SQ. You are one very confused teen my friend, I really think you need to do some more research and pick one concrete plan you will stick with and stop changing your mind every other day. I really think you need to rebuild the box for the VVX and work on getting that right. I like the fact that I can play any song I want and I don't have to have a specific list of shit for my subs to "slam". Baby steps, baby steps,

lol so i have a bit of a problem of chaning my mind. but hey dont judge. and the vvx's are out cuz i cant afford them at 200 a piece. . nor do i need 600rms a piece

I am not judging you but I am starting to think you are a troll seriously and no offense but you have to really chill with these switch ups every day. I didn't say go buy more VVX's I said work on the one you have.

Is 20Hz Low haha. i meant low as in being able to play down to 23ish hz and slam

Why in the hell would you want to go around playing that low? I really think you should step back and re think what you want. The VVX is one hell of a woofer and with the right enclosure it will get down. I don't know if you seriously want to play low or what but the other day you wanted SQ. You are one very confused teen my friend, I really think you need to do some more research and pick one concrete plan you will stick with and stop changing your mind every other day. I really think you need to rebuild the box for the VVX and work on getting that right. I like the fact that I can play any song I want and I don't have to have a specific list of shit for my subs to "slam". Baby steps, baby steps,

Unless you have a 100% flat response then some songs will always be louder than others...unless you have some kind of magical peak-less sub setup....I have a 200+ song playlist of stuff that's loud in my setup.

Why do people act like there are only 3 songs in the whole universe that drop below 32hz?

Oh no I know how many songs drop low there is a vast library of em but my comment was based off of Mikey saying he plays a lot of different music some of which won't get as low as he is trying to play, he will lose his high end playing that low. He will have to limit himself to specific types of music. I swear I am starting to think he is trolling the shit out of us, I am pretty understanding of someone wanting to learn and indecisive but literally there is a new idea everyday with no really thought put behind it.

ok ok ill cut back. and i actually have drawn out designs for each idea i have they are just a thought and i come running here seeing if its good or possible. thats why i started this post with what kinda of sub, not would this work. the SQ was def would tis work though. but sorry for the trolling i guess lol. im also generally speaking new to forums and its nice having people that actually are willing to help you out, so i guess i kinda over used that ;) but ill cut back

again... to each thier own......... good luck,... and post some vids....

@ IBLEED - that was my curiousity as well,... i think ive added comments on like 25 of his "question" what this and that threads. And everyone is different,...lol... but,... fug it... whatever....

I haven't commented on any, but I have seen many of them. I see Kranny watching the topic now so best expect something out of him soon.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Oh no I know how many songs drop low there is a vast library of em but my comment was based off of Mikey saying he plays a lot of different music some of which won't get as low as he is trying to play, he will lose his high end playing that low. He will have to limit himself to specific types of music. I swear I am starting to think he is trolling the shit out of us, I am pretty understanding of someone wanting to learn and indecisive but literally there is a new idea everyday with no really thought put behind it.

I didn't mean for that to sound like I was coming at you but it's just that every forum is the same thing. "You're tuned to 28hz! Why!? No music is that low!" It pisses me off because I tuned low for a reason (personal preference) and people act like it's stupid, YET you get people who tune to 33hz just because someone told them it was the best and NOBODY questions them.

lol so i have a bit of a problem of chaning my mind. but hey dont judge. and the vvx's are out cuz i cant afford them at 200 a piece. . nor do i need 600rms a piece

I am not judging you but I am starting to think you are a troll seriously and no offense but you have to really chill with these switch ups every day. I didn't say go buy more VVX's I said work on the one you have.

Unless you have a 100% flat response then some songs will always be louder than others...unless you have some kind of magical peak-less sub setup....I have a 200+ song playlist of stuff that's loud in my setup.

Why do people act like there are only 3 songs in the whole universe that drop below 32hz?

ok ok ill cut back. and i actually have drawn out designs for each idea i have they are just a thought and i come running here seeing if its good or possible. thats why i started this post with what kinda of sub, not would this work. the SQ was def would tis work though. but sorry for the trolling i guess lol. im also generally speaking new to forums and its nice having people that actually are willing to help you out, so i guess i kinda over used that ;) but ill cut back

It's not a matter of how many topics you make or how many questions you ask its more so pick a plan stick to it and then you can ask all the questions you want and I wouldn't mind answering them all day. What is your budget like for this entire build? 6-8 woofers takes a whole lot of materials and electrical to back it up.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

budget is 600ish for te subs. not sure the amp. hopefully getting a HO alt. jeep has a stock 136amp alt so prob a 270. and a D6500 under the hood, and 2 D3100 in the rear. and a bit of 1/0

So how much power were you thinking of running to 6-8 woofers? Why not get 3 more VVX 15's and run 4 15's on like 3000w? What does you mids/highs look like right now anyway?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

so seeing as nate and i agree one low (give or take) what do you recomend for a sub? 12" or 15" do not need much power, as ill be runnning 8 of them haha

how did i agree? I dont tune below 33 for anything.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

so seeing as nate and i agree one low (give or take) what do you recomend for a sub? 12" or 15" do not need much power, as ill be runnning 8 of them haha

how did i agree? I dont tune below 33 for anything.

i said so like 20hz and you said yes exactly. mean you agree that thats low. . yes?

Archived