DD1 doesn't seem to be helping?

in my car. eq all at 0 and i can turn it up all the way with no dis. but. whe i turn my sub volume up, i can only go to +1 (goes +1 +3 and so one skips 2.) so +3 at 35 volume it distorts

its not bass boost. and all full volume its clean to +1. +3 is distortion. . . so should i turn down volume, and boost sub volume?

Edited by Mikey Bates

Depends what model Kenwood he has. I have an x896 and it clips at sub level +1. Th eolder models i've used, you could go to +15.

I remember you saying that when you tuned and were shocked compared to the previous models. It's weird that they would allow an eXcelon to distorr. I guess the voltage is coming on before max setting on sub level now? For eXcelon decks at least huh?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i dont think any sub level on any headunit is a bass boost....

I didnt thinkso either, I've also never heard of +1 on sub level making it clip so I figured I'd ask.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

ok..well is that louder then how you had it? if so leave it on that

IDK i havent set amp gains yet. ill go set gains sub and +1 and volume 35. listen with a track. and then change sub volume to 11 and deck to 30, set gains. same song. and give er a listen. be back in 15min. gotta go find parking lot lol. . . . ill also play the 40hz tone i use to setthe gain. that way its perfect signal