Get ahold of the neslon boys and see what it'd take monetarily to duplicate this into your stang

I'm gonna ballpark $60,000 for that setup. So insane.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Get ahold of the neslon boys and see what it'd take monetarily to duplicate this into your stang

I'm gonna ballpark $60,000 for that setup. So insane.

Shit!!!!! My motor alone, no trans, no computer, without the turbo setup ran roughly $32,000! Then you add 5500 for my trans, 3500 for my computer, 4000 for my rear end, 15000 for my turbo setup, 8000 in suspension, now lets add the car, cage, weight loss of car, carbon fiber interior panels. In the last 2 years I have close to 100000 in my car, I can still street drive it and the go to the track and run a sub 8sec 1/4 mile. I will know more this weekend, because she will make her maiden voyage!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

im just saying

ill see your 5.0L twins and call you on a big single 2.0L @ a whopping 122 cubic inches

Just wondering. Why turbo? Why not go the route of a roots charger?

blowers are much harder on engines than turbos for 1

Remember, s/c you can swap pulleys to add more boost, not so with a turbo.

no you just have to put in a boost controller that can be made with 10 bucks in parts from the nearest hardware store

Boost is still adjustable, just more difficult.

not really if you have a 10 dollar manual controller you pop your hood grab the knob on top and turn it in/out for more or less boost, if you went baller style with a nice electric one you reach over to it and press a button. unlike a supercharger where you have to pop you hood get out your tools and spend 1-2 hours cussing at the pulley because its stuck on wishing you would have went turbo instead

oh i almost forgot... goodbye 12-15 mpg city! lol

correct goodbye 12-15 hello 20+ the nifty thing about a turbo is you dont have to be in boost, if you drive nice they get better mpg than stock

as for the lag , people have done a 50 shot or 100 shot of nitrous to make a turbo equipped engine spool up faster

properly size the charger and you wont ever notice lag

glad to see you made it to the forum.. i had a feeling you would chime in on this. there are some real knee slappers that happen in this sub forum.. so be prepared.

^ that guy pretty much got everything I was going to say. To add to the boost controller part. I would go electric so you don't have to pop the hood to have a little extra FUN.

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

holset hx40

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

vetkilrSIG3.jpg

Wish I could size this down some for my SIG.

Anyways, I was in the same place as you 6 years ago. Here is what is boils down to. Automatic go the single route, you can adjust torque convertor to eliminate lag time. Stick car, without a doubt Twins. I seriously doubt you would need twin 62's. We made over 1000rwhp at the wheel in a 04 cobra(built) with twin 57's...

I thought the fastest car I had ever rode in, a Whipple 3.3L, 03 cobra (built motor) with 150 shot of Wet spray was fast. Until he took it off and went Twin 57's, Good Lord man 40-150mph never came and went so fast.

Ahhh the memories.

J

no you just have to put in a boost controller that can be made with 10 bucks in parts from the nearest hardware store

Boost is still adjustable, just more difficult.

not really if you have a 10 dollar manual controller you pop your hood grab the knob on top and turn it in/out for more or less boost, if you went baller style with a nice electric one you reach over to it and press a button. unlike a supercharger where you have to pop you hood get out your tools and spend 1-2 hours cussing at the pulley because its stuck on wishing you would have went turbo instead

\

and possibly risk overboosting... apexi avcr is very good about this!

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Although I appreciate everyones input, turns out it was all for nothing. There was confusion and I was getting pricing for the 5.0 kits.

There is only a single kit for my car, with a single 61mm turbo. So I guess that answers that LOL.

Sorry for the thread guys, although I did learn some things.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived