Sonic Electronix

i would say all started out out when i was 12. just messing with the home stereo. always placing all over my bedroom. rearrange here and there noticing what black and red wires are for lol always wanted that bass that gave you the " Yeaaaa booyyy :D" haha

Nice topic btw

Blowthrough

Subs
rebuild
Amps
1-SAZ3500
1-T4004

Coaxial

1Set Alpine Type-R Components

1 Set- kicker ks 5.2
1 Set- Kicker ks 6x8

Reciever
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

2000 Ford F-150 EXT Cab

Clarion EQ

ra56jo.jpg

With error comes reward, the reward of knowing to not do what caused the error. In installs you WILL hit walls and not know what to do, you need to methodically learn to piece what does what and why something would happen. And if you can post a thread and ask. In helping, we can only narrow down what could be wrong, you have to pinpoint it.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

just start scrubbing the forums man. if its something you are curious about search for it on the here if you cant find it post a new thread. people here are more thasn willing to answer your questions.

there is a section on here with a few how to videos.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/166-how-to-videos/

if you cand find it here google and youtube that shit

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

There really wasn't the internet world tailored to the audio community when I first became interested in all aspects of car customization, where I always defined the groups by sound, show, and race or as I refer to as SSR. There were no forums, and being in Alaska I was pretty separated from the rest of the world as the industry took off with leaps and bounds being made I'm the actual scientific aspect.

That being said, I learned by doing, reading, doing, some more reading, testing, reading, and then more doing. I've blown so much equipment, smoked more electronics than John Connor, and invested myself into this passion. I had a hard time taking peoples word so I always bought my own equipment, tested it out, and formed my own thoughts.

I think many of the younger kids are spoiled with their forums, collection of knowledge, and ease of access. Hate to sound old, but when I was your age...deadening was horse blankets stuffed in where it could, 800 watts WAS a high powered system, and to buy 800 watts for $200 would be a dream within a dream.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Lol damn Kranny, that vid is great.

I got into this hobby because my brother had a system when I was only a child, I don't even remember it. Then a friend of mine had a single kenwood 10 in a prefab bandpass that got really loud for what it was. I was on youtube one day, came across Sanitarium doing some crazy shit with his blowthrough. Sent him some messages and he sent me onto this site, and ever since I have learned everything I know from here. And pushed it all with experience and putting what I learn from here to use.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

by the age of 19 I started realizing that I understood certain things about audio than others, it was like I had a whole different perception oh things, never saw eye to eye with hardly anyone. Trial and error with many boxes and tons of different kinds of subs started giving me a better understanding. I've always been in this stuff pretty much on my own. I go to a shop to buy 2 strips of 8ga, and they say "thats not long enough for an amp" and I say, "its not for an amp, its for a speaker" then all of a sudden im the idiot that wires subs with amp wire..... that pretty sums up how it is around here. Dont get me wrong, there plenty of people around here that know about car audio, the problem is is that most of them are not at the audio shops. I like to take nothing and turn it into something, when you throw as much science at it as you can, you can really pull off some interesting, and un-realistic shit, in my most current builds case, I applied everything I knew about maximizing a cheap subwoofer, putting it in a scientifically designed proper enclosure with enough loading pressure to actually increase power handling there for increasing output, and applied everything i've learned and understand into a super dooper party pooper woofer, vodka

XS-power1.jpg