"official" what's your career?

well guys, my interview went well, i did a easy as weld test, for you welders on here it was a horizontal t-joint with 045 wire on mig welding

the guys there seem really cool, you work mon-thursday, 10hr shifts. its all flat and horizontal..i should find out tomorrow or wed if i get it

please pray or hope i get it=)

Field supervisor for a major oil field service company on the resavoir stimulation side. Been in the oil field for 7 or 8 years started from the bottom with no experience busted my ass to get where I'm at and it's paying off real well. :)

2008 Black Chevy Tahoe -Murderedout/ 2/4 Belltech drop/26" U2-55's/ HID's in fogs and headlights/G5 tails1 - BC35001 - C1100.42 - SA ZV3 18's6 - 8" SA Neo Pro's2 - FT1-SE Tweets

well guys, my interview went well, i did a easy as weld test, for you welders on here it was a horizontal t-joint with 045 wire on mig welding

the guys there seem really cool, you work mon-thursday, 10hr shifts. its all flat and horizontal..i should find out tomorrow or wed if i get it

please pray or hope i get it=)

Hell yeah..,... You got this....

Dont hate but I work at Best Buy, I work in Geek Squad tho. I fix computers daily. My store is closing in a couple months so I got another job already just need to start but I'll be making web sites. I'm also currently going to school for Computer Support Technician and Computer Programming.

1998 Ford Contour

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400BH

Front/Rear Door Speakers: Alpine SPR-68 (Type-R 6x8)

Door Speaker Amplifer: Kicker ZX650.4

Subwoofers: 1 SSA Icon 12"

Amplifier: MB.Quart 1.1500d

Second Battery: XS Power D925

I work residential with Intellectually Disabled people. Basically I babysit them and take them places.

Some work at a workshop that gets light industrial work for them so they can be more normal.

Some go to the center everyday to play school.

It's the most rewarding job I've ever done, plus most of them are really sweet and funny. Like the one who used to ride around town on his bicycle pulling people over and giving them 'peace warrants'. He's 67ish and still plays tag and runs all over the place. Some are mean though and will hit/bite/scratch you if you get to close and don't have good rapport with them.

One of the guys I take care of is Schizo and is easily agitated and tries to kill himself....... or thinks people are trying to change his meds, keep him from eating or seeing people he wants to visit, or people are lying on him about stuff. He told me he hears peoples thoughts, but not just people. Dogs, cats, airplanes, everything talks to him.

It's sad in a way but places like where I work are a god's send for the people that need it rather than getting stuck in an Assisted Living Facility.

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\

Excuse me, but to all the people that said they do CAD or plan to. What exactly do you do? Does it depend on the company you work for or is it a task that everyone does similar?

All I know is that it's a program where you can design anything, I didn't know you could make a career out of it.

Could someone please inform me more into this subject, I'm starting to get curious.

I worked an internship/training at the Caterpillar (or CAT, they manufacture construction vehicles) down here in Waco. I was in charge of designing Buckets (the scoops I guess you would call them) and Bucket teeth for digging through different materials. That was my specific duty on a team of designers. Other people had other parts. It was really more of a test for ingenuity and creativity.

What you do is start out with a sketch which can be made up of straight lines and curves and has to be a closed figure. You control the lengths and angles of these. You then extrude (blow up) that to get a basic figure. From there you can sketch on the flat plains of that figure and extrude further or cut into it to (to add and remove material, respectively). You do that until you have your 3d object (I'm simplifying like crazy here, this is truly the hardest part) which was in my case, the Bucket.

From there I had to model the Bucket pins (bolts that hold it all together) and other parts separately. Then you load all the pieces into once document and build it in the program...this is the killer, because if it doesn't fit right you have to modify it VERY slightly so that you remain within your design constraints (design rules basically).

Once that's done you print out the sketch sheets that have the top, side, and angle views with all measurements on them, then you email the finished product to the laser cutter guy so he can cut all the pieces out and powder coat them. After that the build team takes over and...they build it lol. If ANYTHING is wrong, it comes back on the Designer and the Design manager (because he has to approve it).

P.S. I hated that shit. Design is not for me. I was using Autodesk Inventor.

Would you have to take engineering classes?

To know how to work the program...probably not. It's fairly complicated but if you were really talented and watched some tutorials you could easily design some decent stuff.

Now to make a living out of it...you'd probably need some kind of certification before people took you seriously. I got mine through TSTC (Tex. State Tech. College) while I was in High School.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just a sales engineer for a small HVAC company and learning autocad/autodesk this month

I use autodesk programs every day at work lol, mostly inventor but I love how user friendly the programs are

This is what I do all day errrr day

c7e28dd2.jpg

Archived