what is going on with gm on the impala?

don't get me wrong here i love my 2003 impala with the 3.8l but is it just me or is gm getting worse with engine choice

to me my mom's 3.5L sucks and has no balls

and i hear the 3.9L isn't the greatest either

5.3L was a beast

3.8L is great engine with a few tweaks

the newer 3.6L is alright i hear

but what i have just read makes me sad

really are we gonna have a 4 cylinder in a sports sedan that never had a 4 cylinder in its life

so i am rising the flag and setting sail :bsflag::captain:

tenth gen. impalas engines

2.4L and 2.5L 4 cylinders the stupidity just can't be expressed to me

3.6L v6

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Economy. Supply and demand, simple really. Its pretty obvious the significantly larger majority don't care about the thing you find important, ride and economy are going to sell more. I complain about the charger being resurrected into a sedan, but that shit sells like crazy.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Economy. Supply and demand, simple really. Its pretty obvious the significantly larger majority don't care about the thing you find important, ride and economy are going to sell more. I complain about the charger being resurrected into a sedan, but that shit sells like crazy.

i guess the impala is still a sedan at least hasn't changed into like a mini van Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

i would like to see a rear wheel impala with a v8 engine

edit: fuel flex would be the economic part of it. runs on 4 cylinders when the power is not needed but when you floor it you get all 8 cylinders firing

Edited by Miguels

i would like to see a rear wheel impala with a v8 engine

edit: fuel flex would be the economic part of it. runs on 4 cylinders when the power is not needed but when you floor it you get all 8 cylinders firing

this would be awesome i would die trying to save up for a good down payment and buy it

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns

gm has been going backwards for a while now , the 3800 motor is one of the best engines they had ever made and yet gm quit making it here not too long ago , prior to that they went from a cast aluminum plenum that didn't have many problems often to a plastic piece of shit plenum that was guarrenteed to fail sooner than later . why is it that my 92 buick park avenue with 171000 mile got 31 mpg highway , and a new buick sedan gets somewhere close to 22 mpg highway ? sounds backwards to me . to be frank i am not surprised that gm had money problems and needed a bailout .

gm has been going backwards for a while now , the 3800 motor is one of the best engines they had ever made and yet gm quit making it here not too long ago , prior to that they went from a cast aluminum plenum that didn't have many problems often to a plastic piece of shit plenum that was guarrenteed to fail sooner than later . why is it that my 92 buick park avenue with 171000 mile got 31 mpg highway , and a new buick sedan gets somewhere close to 22 mpg highway ? sounds backwards to me . to be frank i am not surprised that gm had money problems and needed a bailout .

i never understood why they used that pile of plastic i didn't have problems with it but decided to replace it than clean it i had problems with the lower intake manifold gaskets though i was starting to find oil in my coolant but not coolant in the oil :WTFBubble: which also raises the question of why would you have plastic on the head and have an acidic coolant running through it Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
alpine HU
2 x-15 sundowns

It seems like gm is slapping names on something that people thing will buy cause of yesteryears. With the way gm is going, specially with the no so good demand of he volt and the airbags deploying for no reasons on some of their cars, I am sorry to say, gm is starting to lose it again.

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

i never understood why they used that pile of plastic i didn't have problems with it but decided to replace it than clean it i had problems with the lower intake manifold gaskets though i was starting to find oil in my coolant but not coolant in the oil :WTFBubble: which also raises the question of why would you have plastic on the head and have an acidic coolant running through it

that's kind of odd