not trying to thread jack this or anything but hey kickass audio i see you have a gmc but im not sure if it will have the same problem the gmc trucks have. i have a 2000 gmc sierra and when i turn my hids on both of mine dont always come on all i have to do is flash my brights and flash back and both of my hids will be on. do you know whats causing them to do that or what i could do to fix them. i arady have a relay that i bought from ddm and it didnt really help at all it.

I have that in the winter time when i ran my 50w ballasts for the low beams but only because my voltage was up in the 15's. If i shut my truck down the voltage would drop and the lights worked just fine. I tried the capacitor mod for the DRL circuit with no success and i have had 4 different relays for the truck too with nothing. When i went back to my 35w ballasts it rarely happened and when it did i just turned my knob to the off position, waited a minute and fired the lights back up and both kicked on. That only happened with my low beams though, never with my fogs. I was about to just bypass the stock switching system and run my own toggle switches but never did that as i didnt think they provided enough voltage to energize the circuits and fully activate the relays.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

not trying to thread jack this or anything but hey kickass audio i see you have a gmc but im not sure if it will have the same problem the gmc trucks have. i have a 2000 gmc sierra and when i turn my hids on both of mine dont always come on all i have to do is flash my brights and flash back and both of my hids will be on. do you know whats causing them to do that or what i could do to fix them. i arady have a relay that i bought from ddm and it didnt really help at all it.

I have that in the winter time when i ran my 50w ballasts for the low beams but only because my voltage was up in the 15's. If i shut my truck down the voltage would drop and the lights worked just fine. I tried the capacitor mod for the DRL circuit with no success and i have had 4 different relays for the truck too with nothing. When i went back to my 35w ballasts it rarely happened and when it did i just turned my knob to the off position, waited a minute and fired the lights back up and both kicked on. That only happened with my low beams though, never with my fogs. I was about to just bypass the stock switching system and run my own toggle switches but never did that as i didnt think they provided enough voltage to energize the circuits and fully activate the relays.

okay thanks. i also thought about bypassing the stock wiring and just putting in my own switch. well i guess ill keep looking for a little longer if not i will be forsure rewiring.

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

No problem man. If you do decide to re-wire you keep everything how it is but for the trigger wire on the relay just wire that to a switch that is connected direct to the positive of your battery terminal. I didnt try it with mine so i dont know if that would correct it but i tried everything to troubleshoot mine but that. New relays, new bulbs, new ballasts, everything and nothing worked. Also for my DRL where they are supposed to buzz when they are on but i never ran into that problem. The only time i had that was when i unlock my truck at night after i just shut it off. The relay for the alarm doesnt provide enough current to fully energize my hid ballasts so one of the relays will buzz to all hell before it just shuts off from timing itself off. Like i said i only had that problem if it was really cold outside like less than 20 degrees farenheit outside. Once they were hot and warmed up id have 0 issues turning them off and firing them back up again.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

alright so heres this, I have an ~80s Truck stock wiring harness for the light system etc..

I run a set of 35w. 4500k hid . I do NOT have no problems with melting my housings or wires.

I had to buy a set of aftermarket housings because my truck is Sealed Glass bulbs normally..

but ya um ddm tuning is a GREAT place to get the HID kits from. way better than ebay. stay away from xentec etc..

I would get the 55w ballasts though. they will be Much brighter, I am very satisfied with 35w though.

10/10

A couple questions here guys:

I'm looking to install HID headlights on my Toyota Tacoma but have a few questions first, answers to any or all of them would be greatly appreciated.

How hard are they to install? If i put in my entire car audio system do you believe i have the ability to install them myself or do i spring for a little more and have a pro do it? I want to do it myself just would love some tips on how to do so?

Will HID's melt a stock headlight housing? Will i have to worry about heat issues?

Where to buy? Best prices for the highest quality headlight?

Benefits of having HIDs over halogens? My stock lights are dim and i need a replacement!

Thanks for your help guys!!

Replace your current halogen's with a brighter one and re-aim..

HID's in non-projector housings fucking suck, blinds the shit out of everyone.,

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

aftermarket hid's in stock reflector housings will 99% of the time scatter light and blind other drivers no matter what you do. the only "correct" way to do it is to use projector housings, which utilize sharp cut off lines.

Edited by Kranny