Sundown Audio

Test: Sundown Saz-1500d Vs Rf T10001bd

Derrick824

do a saz 3000d, rf t3000d and a xxv colossus....lets see how those amps do against each other

I agree with nismo, but lets get my spl dynamics in there too.. it comes with no "birthsheet" and the specs are 3000 by 1 @ 1ohm 13.8V

I want to buy a crap load of 3000 watt amps and test them :)

the colossus is a 2 channel amp

IMO I dont consider it a 2 channel amp.

2 channal amps are class a/b

The colossus is a class d dual monoblock.

Its dual monoblock because it is 2 seperate boards in one chassis. Each board runs its own power supply, but share the same driver board.

Two channel amps share the same power supply not run its own power supply for each channel.

or the xxv thor...you can bridge the colossus

Your not really bridging the colossus, you are "strapping" it, only instead of having 2 seperate amps in 2 seperate cases, you have 2 seperate pcb's in one case.

well since we wanna be technical crack open a XXV colossus its one board, the older colossus was 2 board, the new ones were redesigned and take 1 power supply and 1 board so yea its a 2 channel

I feel that the RF heads are right with saying that it would have been fair to test a 1500watter vs another 1500watter. But I also feel what the guy who did the test was saying when he said that the specs were not that much of a difference. I think its basically boils down to what you want. Because if u compare a 15001bd vs a SAZ1500D the tests would have been more even. Really u cant go wrong with either company because from what Ive seen and heard, both give great service (no George Bush). What Im about to say will probably sound weird but srew it. If I had to choose between a SAZ3000D or T30001D; Id choose the Sundown due to the fact that it draws less current while producing the same amount of watts and its in a smaller chassis. BUT!!!!!! Im the type of guy I like all my amps to match. So with that said......If I had to do all my amps Id go RF due to the fact that I dont like the SAX100.4. But between Sundown and RF u wouldnt be disappointed with either or. Sorry for the novel fellas....I havent been up here in a while.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

• 2 years later...

Would it be good to run a sundown saz 1500d with a alpine type x 12 using 2 guage wiring and stock electrical on 2 ohms? I want to hook up but my system but i still want to be able and ride around with my system thumpin.

it would be good to create your own post in the relevant section and not bumpng a thread that is sixteen yrs old.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived