Kicker to enter Walmart in September

By the way you internet dudes talk, you'd think a Kicker system never won a sound competition or did great #'s. Or that you couldn't read solid reviews on CVR's or L7's all over the internet, on dozens of forums. But then again, these are the blessed ones. What you fail to realize is that outside of your super small niche, most people don't know what sundown audio is. They aren't going to recone a woofer or any of that. They aren't building custom enclosures and upgrading big 3 wiring.

There is no such thing as a "real" system, either you have one or you don't. The quality of that system depends on what you've heard to compare it to. Sound deadening doesn't matter to a person who is happy with whatever is in their cars right now, until they install sound dampening material and actually hear a difference, if they hear one at all.

I'm rambling, I'm not a huge Kicker fan, but that's mostly because I've never bought the stuff. I was a JL audio fan most of my life and their products are still good, they just costs too much to me given what else is available. Props to Kicker moving untis. Hopefully, their products last and do rated power. I mean, what else do you want from a car audio company?

Now this makes sense! :drink40: Thank you! :popcorn:

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

I think the reason why kicker gets so much bashing is because it's very popular for entry level set ups, and when newbies decide they don't like their first set up they instantly switch brands instead of working on the rest of the build, like box, amp, eq, wires, batteries, etc... I actually really like kicker products, can't exactly say kicker's my favorite, but you can often find the subs for cheap and they work well for the price, their amps are spendy but work well non-the-less

I use to be a kicker fan. I have the kicker dcvr 12" subs in my car. And I can not wait to upgrade to something better. I mean they pound and sound good. But, It is time to step up to some high end subs.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

I use to be a kicker fan. I have the kicker dcvr 12" subs in my car. And I can not wait to upgrade to something better. I mean they pound and sound good. But, It is time to step up to some high end subs.

What? So you get rid of your old Kickers and get some new woofers and now you don't like Kicker anymore?

When I upgrade from my Sundown SA-12's I'll still be a Sundown fan?

What? So you get rid of your old Kickers and get some new woofers and now you don't like Kicker anymore?

I am still a kicker fan. When I get new subs, these kickers I have will add to my garage sound system. Idk I want to go with something that wont get me laughed at. I went to meca tournament in columbus ohio a few weekends ago. And was laughed at. They said it sounds good and a clean install. But, its kicker. Cheap asses to bass with no quality. Use to not bother me. But, now it seem to bother me more. But, still thinking about it.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

I am still a kicker fan. When I get new subs, these kickers I have will add to my garage sound system. Idk I want to go with something that wont get me laughed at. I went to meca tournament in columbus ohio a few weekends ago. And was laughed at. They said it sounds good and a clean install. But, its kicker. Cheap asses to bass with no quality. Use to not bother me. But, now it seem to bother me more. But, still thinking about it.

1. Fuck them. You build it for YOU not other people. If you don't wanna use Kicker then don't, but don't let them change your opinion of Kicker. If they laughed at you for using Fi or Crescendo would you change then?

2. If it was me, I'd come back with a gang of L7's doing damage and shit on people. Then sell them after you make a point.

3. Oh and fuck them.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

1. Fuck them. You build it for YOU not other people. If you don't wanna use Kicker then don't, but don't let them change your opinion of Kicker. If they laughed at you for using Fi or Crescendo would you change then?

2. If it was me, I'd come back with a gang of L7's doing damage and shit on people. Then sell them after you make a point.

3. Oh and fuck them.

yea. I did think about that. I was going to go with what I see most of at the competitions. But, then why follow the crowd??? I like to be different. SO, think a kicker build will be in order. Well all but there amps. Blew everyone I ever owned. Old or the ones I bought last year. kenwood was good to me for almost 6 months or so. And the new rockford fosgate power 1500.1bd amps have been even better.

I do not think Kickers bad I mean when I had My first systems 10+ years ago Kicker was tried and true they made some sick poundings. As I grew up and seen the other systems and the evolving of it I to evolved wanting something else. I think kickers still a great company not for me at this stage and hope this gets some younger back into the game as a stepping stone . All I can hope is they are not making stuff Just for them like alot of company's do meaning it will be b-stock sub-par.

Kicker is not junk at all! Ive ran several systems with kicker subs . Probly would go a diffrent route now but kicker at wall mart? Go for it i dont care ether way my self. Im not gonna say i wouldnt buy it cause you realy never know! My question is why shouldnt they sell there? I cant think of one my self.

Archived