Anyone know if it's possible to repair something like this without cutting the cone?

If not... I have some choices to make.

5. Recone these to 15s or 18s. Another tempting option. But figure it will be in the neighborhood of $225 per sub to do this Cost of recone, cost of basket, shipping for both, plus misc supplies like glue, shims, clamps, and solder. By the time I do this to both subs I'm approaching the cost of buying new drivers anyway. And these are still 3" coils. I'd be concerned about thermal stability

Here the only way I see without cone cutting; First thing you do is drill the old threads clean and then tap the top plate holes to a slightly large size, maybe 5/16?? Then you carefully, carefully, tediously, and more carefully remove the spiders while keeping them intact as best you can. Assuming that works out, I would suggest drilling larger openings for whatever screw or bolt type you choose, and go at it from underneath the basket instead of trying to deal with the spiders in the way. And if I might suggest upgrading and using some grade 8 hex caps, but since they need to be short it might need to be ordered online (grade 5: http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=325-3704&PMPXNO=5808671&PARTPG=INLMK32 though I found mine at home depot in those shelves. Don't know if you're near one but the only place that has never let me down is Love Lady, just be sure you know what you need first so you can ask, otherwise have fun getting lost in bolt-narnia. Once you have what you need, and the plate has been tapped, and the basket holes adjusted, try assembling the basket and motor by lifting the spider carefully so that you can tighten the screws, 1 by 1. (you would need a small socket wrench obviously, but it might be possible) And then if that works re-glue the spiders, probably add some extra glue on top of that to be cautious, and try it out. It would take a little bit of time but probably wouldn't run you more than $20 in parts at most.

If you go with option 5 instead, I would suggest saving a few dollars by buying all your clamps at home depot once your ready, use them, return them. If you're really pinched for cash.

Or get the parts yourself and assemble them all, probably could acquire them in one place so they all go for 1 shipping price. Done carefully and correctly, that would save you the most money if going bigger.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

I guess I'm going to have to cut it. Ahh well. Going to do both subs while I'm at it

But before I cut the working one up... I have a question. Any interest in wall socketing it?

I'll do it if you guys want to see, but if there's not much interest I don't see a point in making my recone process more complicated than it needs to be.

I guess I'm going to have to cut it. Ahh well. Going to do both subs while I'm at it

But before I cut the working one up... I have a question. Any interest in wall socketing it?

I'll do it if you guys want to see, but if there's not much interest I don't see a point in making my recone process more complicated than it needs to be.

I for sure love Wall Socket vids!! I wall-socketed mine, it didnt unwravel, so it didnt make reconing it more complicated.

Vids or gfy!

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Archived