DD M3a Guts (Fried)

OrionStang

and they have no idea what happened either

They said it was probably played pretty hard, protected a few times. It was pushed to its limits. Their words.

I don't think Bill would do me like that, DD just covering their ass. Pretty cheap repair considering everything.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

They said it was probably played pretty hard, protected a few times. It was pushed to its limits. Their words.

I don't think Bill would do me like that, DD just covering their ass. Pretty cheap repair considering everything.

Sounds like there covering there ass..

Feel really bad this happened.

That amp was never abused..im mean never..it was off more than turned on.

Sounds like there covering there ass..

Feel really bad this happened.

That amp was never abused..im mean never..it was off more than turned on.

Dude, I am in no way saying you abused it Bill. The rep was just saying stuff to remove any responsibility from the company. Its all good, i'd do business with you any time. :drinks:

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

PM me your quote please lol Sounds typical of any company though...saving their ass...but anyways, thats good news...hope they get it fixed asap..put u back in business!

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Just a few things... I'll have to stand up for DD and dB-R a bit on this one.

No matter how much you spend building an amp and no matter the QC you demand / implement you WILL get bad amps out to customers sometimes. For that matter... the parts suppliers can throw a wrench in a perfectly well made amplifier (big problems with transistors last year). If you found 5 cases of the same thing on the forums; what % of the amps DD sold is that really ? Probably a very small percent.

As far as the repaired amp failing again; we bench test EVERY amp (and woofer) that we sell. And we STILL get amps delivered to customers that mysteriously smoke almost immediately even after a 1-2 minute high load test here at our shop. It's extremely rare but it happens. We also use dB-R as our official repair center and have since 2006 -- problems are very uncommon with their work.

From a guy in the business... these things happen; it just comes down to how they handle it. If the company takes care of it that is all they can do.

Anyway -- hope you get your amp all fixed up ! :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Not badmouthing either company. It was not necessary to assume the previous owner had abused it though.

They are fixing everything for a reasonable price. DB-r costs a bit more, but they are a little faster on return. I can't comment on Pacifkballa's situation, with a repaired amp doing the same thing as soon as he got it back.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

thanks for the input Sundown. Me and Orion (and others) are that small percent of unfortunate people who's amps have decided to go out...i'm not comparing or complaining about service/price/etc. Bottom line is, for the repair to be 1/4 of the price of a new one, dB-r and DD are really taking care of their customers..and nothing but a big thumbs up to both of them!

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Archived