Sonic Electronix

2nd time. Same Problem, Bout To Give Up! Subs Cutting Out!

i told him what his problem could be 99% of the time but all my post got ignored same with any post telling to check anything with a dmm

soooo fux him have fun with that!

Just because i didn't respond directly to you doesn't mean im not listenin.

AND FOR EVERYBODY TO KNOW YES I WAS USED A DDM ON EACH SUBWOOFER THE OHMS ARE CORRECT

Ive tried to differnt sets of rca and two headunit my remotes are good none of my wires are loose my ground post is soild, i wouldn't be asking this question if it was something as simple as a damn incorrect wire im not 16.

Now that's funny right there the only way you can get this problem is from a "damn incorrect wire" or a sub is fucked up or amp

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

im just gonna leave this here.

not what I would call a good ground

http://www.stevemead...70#entry1784170

Ground amp to rear battery rear battery to front battery, problem solved and I bet his voltage maintains.

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

OP: Where in Wisconsin are you located? Perhaps you are near one of us and we could check it out in person

Im posting my video on youtube right now go look up oeking87 and its the only video about my car (if you want to see it work).

If mmy ground was the problem wouldn't my voltage drop be alot more and my amp would probley be cutting off, and no i don't know more than the people on this fourm that why i came hear for help im just saying i know how to wire my subwoofers up man i even looked up a picture to show you how. Everybody and their mothers say my impedence is incorrect but its not i have a multimeter and i even borrowed a buddy of mines to see if his got differnt reading but the came up the same soo from listing to every ones answers im guessing its one of the subwoofer that went bad so when the temp drops below 100 im going to test each one by itself. I know the amp is good because ive switched amps and the same problem comes up or else the Mrp-m2000 is just a peice of s*$# i don't know but thanks for everyone help i'll let you know what i find with the subs.

im just gonna leave this here.

not what I would call a good ground

http://www.stevemead...70#entry1784170

Ground amp to rear battery rear battery to front battery, problem solved and I bet his voltage maintains.

I tought it would be bad to use the battery as a ground? Idk never did it before would that work?

Alpine MRP1000s and MRP2000s are EXTREMELY power hungry.

I've owned both. They're not "that" hungry. Which leads me to question wiring.

OK, not that hungry but for what they are they are hungry, like the current Hifonics Brutus line.

I'm gonna hate

Since you say the ohm load is not the problem and each coil reads what it is supposed to read then the only thing that is causing your issue is a bad connection somewhere.

Always use your back battery as a single point of connection for all amps in your car and just run the ground from your battery to a strut tower or other place where there are multiple layers of steel.

You will have to check every single wire to make sure 110% that each one is not causing or contributing to the problem, if after you check each and everyone of them and it still hasn't solved your problem then check rca patch cords.

EDIT: With the rca's i meant to add that i was talking about the ends that connect to the amp, make sure they are tight and do not slip any with the slightest tug or pull.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived