good SQ sub?

Zak Katzer

And I dont consider the lp bread truck an sq capable build (or anything but an overhyped joke, like most lp..)

I know you'll disagree, and I respect that.. But the point stands.. Different people have different ideas of sq. Just because its not "sq" to you, doesnt mean its not to him. Dont be a dick dude

lolol okay dude

re audio xxx's, jl w7's, etc.
W6s sound better than w7s. Lol @ xxx.. Also, you arent building an sq setup with 4 12s. If thats what you want, awesome, rock on.. But its not sq

why lol at XXX's?

they're built for sq

'08 Chevy Cobalt coupe 2.2 base model trunk build:

2 9512iSC flatwound alum 1.5 coils

-extra 9500 spider pack

-8" platinum carbon dustcaps

1 DD Z1 (.375ohm nominally daily)

3g31 AGM

320a Ohio Gen alt

1 DD S4 4 channel

4 VO-M8v1's (holes cut for 3rd pair)

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

146.xdb 90sec average (center windshield)

The fuck does it matter people? this thing is turning into a gigantic pissing match... let the OP figure it out for himself, we've given him plenty of info already.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

not an expert, but ive had a few subs in my day, i really like the sundown sa12 and most recently i bought the sundown e12. the sa on 1000 watts in a sealed enclosure is pretty damn good for $195.00. youll be hard pressed to find any other sub out there that can put out for the same price. i have adiamond d6 12 that i bought in 2011 that cant hit the lows with the same authority as the sa. the diamond was $300.00. if you want to build a bangin system id go with the sundown sa12's but 4 of them is to many for a sq system. two on 1500 watts is just at the outer limits but you better have some good mids and tweets with alot of poiwer to keep up. just my experience with what ive bought. im sure theres other good brands out there but i dont have experience with them.

• 4 weeks later...

And I dont consider the lp bread truck an sq capable build (or anything but an overhyped joke, like most lp..)

I know you'll disagree, and I respect that.. But the point stands.. Different people have different ideas of sq. Just because its not "sq" to you, doesnt mean its not to him. Dont be a dick dude

Wow!!!! I guess the years of quality products, and championships, and knowledge are just as overhyped! I guess the capabilities of the new amps right out of the box, that have already proven to be better than the mainstream "SQ" amps, is also overhyped!

Dont get me wrong everyone is allowed their own opinion, but to consider a company that helped pioneer SQ for many high-end companies today, and now has returned to take the reigns and control the SQ market again, is far from "over-hyped"!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

working on a box for my Skar VVX 12's instead

2012 Silverado ext cab

Kenwood DDX470

XS D3400 (starter)

XS D375 (under passenger seat)

XS d3100

Mechman 240

Big three

SMD VM-1

All SHCA wire

80 sq feet of Damplifier

6.5 Crescendo CZ's (front doors) (needed)

5..25 Crescendo CZ's (back door) (needed)

Crescendo 125.4 (needed)

Sundown Zv4 12

Skar 4500 (2ohm)

• 2 years later...

Archived