Looking for a good pair of boots

I work in the oilfield on a rig.

The best boot you can buy are.

Red wing works.

Get the one with the kevlar on the outside they have a gritty outside and are comfortable. waterproof ect. very good traction in them as well.

Edit i have recently bought a pair of Timberland "Rig Masters" They are also waterproof and steel toe. very good buy for 200.

Just remember the most popular redwing sold is the pecos THEY ARE NOT WATEVERPROOF!!!

Get the works bottom line

Edited by Sethorama

Redwings all the way. Never put on a more comfrotabel boot than those. The Redwings I have are around $200 tho.

they are very comfortable i tried on a 83800 today

btw can someone shine some light for me what is better steel toe or aluminum toe is there much of a difference

I do not wear aluminum boots but my assumption is aluminum would be lighter but not as strong

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I prefer the composite toes over steel toes. much lighter and still rated as steel toes. steel toes arent any stronger then any other rated toes, they are just heavier. I have used redwings, cats, timberlands. I have wide feet so i prefer timberlands because they are more comfortable then redwings to me.

Check out cabelas. I have a pair from them. Idr what they are but they are goretex leather, optional steeltoe, and goretex camo colored canvas on the sides, they were in insulated or non. I've had them for 3 years. Used mainly in snow but have used to go caving for a weekend and welding. Still look good. They were size 16 4E :)

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

If I recall they call those reinforced toe and are not aceptable substitutes for some employers

i see i will have to talk him then cause i really like these boots but i will have to find something else if i have to

you were right my employers don't accept it

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Get some red wings. I had a pair for 6 years and they went through hell. Hiked 15 miles a day for 30 days in them and then worked in them for 5 more years until i blew a seam in them. best pair of boots I've ever had.

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

Id say get some georgia boots. Mine are steel toe all the way around also got me a comfortable inserts for them and still usin them to this day since got them when i was 15. And now I'm 20. Only thing wrong with them is I split the leather on the toes from dropping stuff but still holding strong through a lot of mud oil cow poo andthing ya could think of walkin through. And fairly cheap also

Edited by mac.c