maximum amount of port area?

Poor OP, I think his question just got lost in forum politics lol

:nothingtoadd:

Bassface...JUST STOP.

Tim, tool bags? Ha, I'll chalk that up to ignorance. You say it got "way" louder, how much louder? Are you even able to answer the question? Most likely not, as I will assume you used the old handy dandy ear-o-meter. I didn't watch the video as that doesn't matter. What are specs? Even if there was an improvement, wouldn't that be more evidence you didn't build it correctly with enough port to begin with? And to say more port always equals louder would lead me to believe there have been numerous installations with the same outcome...is this true? Or did you take a skewed, scientifically incorrect method of measurement in a single case and take that as definitive law?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Bassface...JUST STOP.

Tim, tool bags? Ha, I'll chalk that up to ignorance. You say it got "way" louder, how much louder? Are you even able to answer the question? Most likely not, as I will assume you used the old handy dandy ear-o-meter. I didn't watch the video as that doesn't matter. What are specs? Even if there was an improvement, wouldn't that be more evidence you didn't build it correctly with enough port to begin with? And to say more port always equals louder would lead me to believe there have been numerous installations with the same outcome...is this true? Or did you take a skewed, scientifically incorrect method of measurement in a single case and take that as definitive law?

ear-o-meter? ha funny. and tool bags is perceived as ignorance? great.

louder because with the 4" i was getting decent flex.

with the 6" i felt it in my throat, my ear drums hurt, all but my front window were flexing hard, and my rear view mirror fell off.

i like the assumptions you made, but like any other assumptions ever, they're wrong.

it was physical evidence, pal.

Oh my god, you can't be this stupid. Yes, you're lumping some very experienced guys in that toolbag, when its apparent you are talking out of your ass, as usual. So, I chalk it up to ignorance.

You scoff at the ear-o-meter...as...you admit to going by .your ear. And if that wasn't bad enough...you're judging loudness by flex? Please, just stop. You just proved every assumption true and you're limited experience and knowledge, sit back and read some more ;)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

lol, so many arguments, flex does not equal loud, if you go to shows and watch all the 155db+ vehicles they try to minimize flex as much as possible, flex = weak area's and loss of pressure.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

ear-o-meter? ha funny. and tool bags is perceived as ignorance? great.

louder because with the 4" i was getting decent flex.

with the 6" i felt it in my throat, my ear drums hurt, all but my front window were flexing hard, and my rear view mirror fell off.

hey Tim Lam, come here with that shit attitude and I WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO FEEL IN YOUR THROAT KID.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

You do realize Tim isn't OP (michael) right?

You do realize Tim isn't OP (michael) right?

omg

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

Archived