• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

would you like to bet you cant gain more than 3 dbs?

3db is effectively double the cone area... a huge increase. Yes, I would love seeing a video proving your point. I am not trying to argue but it seems like the science limits it to 3db...

again another theory. Im not so sure about what is so difficult for you to grasp as you try to sound like you really know what you are talking about but in case you havent noticed this is not an exact science. Ive seen people double power and gain a tenth. and then others gain 6 dbs. There is much more that goes on then just science. If that was the case it would be easily predictable as to hwo would be louder than who just by using science. But since its not thats why there is a termlab and competitions based on it. Science does have a part in it and you will most often see it in the look my 3500 watt amp is ran at .5 on my stock electrical and I only drop to 13.8 type post. That is just not possible. However gaining more than 3 dbs going from ported to sealed does happen as well as gaining less. Same thing with double cone area and double power. There is no way to predict. Its why testing is so important.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I don't see how you can place a number to something like this. Maybe in a controlled environment like a laboratory where you have controlled conditions. There are way too many factors. Some subs are designed for ported some for sealed. A vehicle is a hostile place for acoustics. And we are only talking about a generic ported vs a sealed. Not even factored in 4th order, 6th order, t-line and all the others. Can't put a number to it, just test test test and see.

As far as the original question, Go with the manufactures recommend port area and volume then tweak from there till you get what you want. SQ is subjective, and spl is metered

edit:

I'm not an expert on box design and theory. Just look at all my posts. I'm learning like many others on here. But I do understand the principle that port area is important to suspension, tuning and controlling port noise. I just don't know the math behind it, I think that takes experience and time to learn.

There can be only one llama?

LOL

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

its not about being friends. Its about the spreading of inaccurate information. There are a lot of people who are looked up to that really don't know their ports from their own ass. I find that to be inexcusable in this day and age so I make sure to correct it every chance I get.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived