DC Sound Lab

Too much power for lvl 6??

ive put a straight ass dirty clipped nasty signal through my level 6 coils and clamped 6500w doing it on multiple burp one after the other and they still held together. coils still look new. the glue will get stinky when they get hot. but in order to kill one of those coils you would literally have to smoke it. just beat the death out of it for over 2 minutes straight.

if your going for 5k from that amp gains wise and your dropping into the low 12v range its never going to happen. you need more electrical and a alt. as the voltage drops the amp cannot produce a clean signal anymore and it will clip when the voltage drops down.

i ran 2 cactus k5 amps strapped on a .8 ohm load, they use the same board. i had 8 xp1000 batts set to 18v charging, and had one singer 350amp alt with external regulator in front of it. and my voltage still would touch 16.8v on a burp.

Ok finally got a new hu (alpine 9884) to get rid of old piece of crap that i had (alpine cda-102) so after all this went and dd-1ed it and used -5 track and set it there gain is at a little over half. Now while im driving around after 30 secs or so at 22 of 29(deck clips at 29) and i smell coil so turned it down and the dustcap was pretty hot so stopped playing and thought about it and so i turned the gain down to a little under half. So next day off to work and about a minute or so of 22 of 29 smell coil so im like wtf so i turn gain at around 3/8th and thats 5 mins b4 it gets really hot so today im at 5/16th around there and it gets even hotter yet lol i can touch motor/coil from my port and i burned my finger on the coil is getting really hot no matter what i play 20hz or 60hz. So idk whats up lol dc 5k at .5 with old radio i clamped it at 3700 watts and it would get hot after like an hour or so lol i have a show toworrow so i will clamp then but i really dont wanna burn a coil at the moment so any suggestions?

Umm here is part of the prob too. Also, if you burnt a coil after knowing there is a problem and continued to beat the hell out of it with a shitty electrical with a large amp at .5, then this is your fault. You woul be the tard who burnt another one. Especially after knowing you had a prob and every here is saying something is not right.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Bro I have been on your side trying to help get this figured out, but everything that we have suggested might be wrong, you just say it isn't. There is obviously something that is not done correctly. I would start with addressing the alternator issue and then go from there. If there is anyone from here that is in your area that knows what they are doing, I would ask them for help just to get a second pair of eyes on the system.

well after comp today clamped at 4400 watts rising to 1.5 dropping to 11.9 its still good but figured iut that the spiders came loose for the fourth time now and its sighty rubbing which in getting it hot so it isnt clipping its rubbing but i still did a 149 with it and im happy just moving on to xls and more cone.

89 Ford Bronco 2

6 DC XL M2 12's

1 DC 9K

Dual Singer Alts

7 Xs D3100s & 1 D6500

All Audio Techinx OFC 1/0

Doing 55s at 26hz!!!

Inb4L

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Don't see how you can get it hot on a 3.5k. Mine was on a 7.5k, had some coil rub, and never got warm.

You're doing something wrong.

5k^

But yes, he's still doing something wrong.

OP, words of wisdom; don't take this shit personally. First off reading Internet posts can come across derogatory to begin with because you read it how you want, and can't tell how the person meant to say it. One twist of a word makes shit sound bad. But seriously, if you're going to ask for help, than ask for help. Nothing's worse than someone being like "help me with XYZ" then them being like "Oh no, nvm you're all wrong and I'm right". People were posting constructive criticism around what your issue seemed to be, and low and behold? They were right. Even though your spiders being loose may have caused your thermal issues with the sub, you obviously have current supply issues as well(11.9v).

Recone that bitch, get your H/O alt, and beef up your electrical a little bit more(you can never have too much). And also, good luck!

Edited by JasonJones

wow his voltage went from 13.1 to 11.9 in a few post. when people was telling him his electrical was not enough he came back with he only drops to 13.1 and now 11.9. he also said he had 5 xs d3100 a few post later he had a ups battery that works better than the xs power batteries.. op if you want help shut up and listen and dont say you know when you really dont

listen to forum members = problem solved acting like you know it all = a burnt sub well 2 now

I would check what ray said. If the coil is wired out of phase that could cause this issue.

how would i check if it was out of phase i guess lol dont wanna do it wrong and do something i kno the phase setting on the amp is at 0. Sub level is 15/15 and i only drop .4 from 13.6 full tilt i got 5 xs d3100 lol

at idle i drop to 12.7 which my batts r at and then it just sits on the reserve and really doesnt go below that but at 2k rpm (driving around) 13.1 or 13.2 is average for 3/4 tilt i dont have d3100s i got ups batts that the exact same specs as d3100 and i think there better then xs to me and then also a hell of a lot cheaper resting voltage is 13.1 on batts

well after comp today clamped at 4400 watts rising to 1.5 dropping to 11.9 its still good but figured iut that the spiders came loose for the fourth time now and its sighty rubbing which in getting it hot so it isnt clipping its rubbing but i still did a 149 with it and im happy just moving on to xls and more cone.

lying wont get you the correct help and you cant possible have better electrical when you dont even have a high out put alt. I even doubt you even have extra batteries(maybe have 1 or 2)because the stock alt would have taken a shit by now with all that extra strain