Second Skin Audio

2 12" Type Xs HELP???!!!

i need some help with this box design!

was wondering if it was best to put both subs in a big single chamber or 2 seperate chambers??

need it to be @ least 3.8cu ft or more after displacement of sub and 45degrees

max dimensions in trunk! for now..

40" length

18" height

23" width

if someone can help me that would be great!

^^^That was about 1 minute of time playing with Torres. I guessed on the sub displacement and bracing. 45's don't take up TOO much space. You didn't say what vehicle, what power, or anything like that, so I'm not sure about what you're looking to accomplish. I'm pretty sure the SoloX's like a LOT of airspace though.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I think he talking about the alpine x 12

You'll want 1k each to them to get any sort if numbers, the don't require a masive port either

What car

What sub and port direction

How much power

What do u lission to

What do you want a achieve with them

Edited by john253a

I read it as he wanted the front baffle angled at 45 degrees.

I think he is meaning to INCLUDE 45s, since he mentioned it right around displacement of subs. I'm not OWNING any design by any means, just crunching some quick numbers for him. I'm not sure the airspace is even correct. I know port aread looks good, but I'm not sure what the response would look like with those things. I've always thought they were hungry for air.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I think he is meaning to INCLUDE 45s, since he mentioned it right around displacement of subs. I'm not OWNING any design by any means, just crunching some quick numbers for him. I'm not sure the airspace is even correct. I know port aread looks good, but I'm not sure what the response would look like with those things. I've always thought they were hungry for air.

yea im ment to say that i also want 45 degree angles in the box! also want to do a single chamber box.. i want to see if it will sounder louder than my friends type X's cause he has both subs in their own chamber tuned to 32 hertz with around the same amount of power that ill be pushing to these babies

Here is an updated suggestion exactly as requested :

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34.5 Hz

Vb = 3.8 ft^3

External Height = 17 in

External Width = 35 in

External Depth = 19 in

Port Width = 3 1/2 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts: