Second Skin Audio

voice coils seem like there low independace

to all yu guys basically callig me an idiot the box and there website say that the sub is a quad 2 ohm voice coil, it can be ran at .5 ohms 2 ohms and 8 ohms. coil 11 is readig 1.3 on my ddm coil 2 is reading 1.2 coil 3 is readinng 1.3 ad coil 4 is reading 1.3. thats a huge difference from them being 2 ohm, i can understand the beig a little lower or higher by a few pints but these coils are basically 1 ohms which i looked n line and ppeople have said even though there supposed t be 2 ohm voice coils there 1.3 which is very misleading when you look at the web site and they sate that the sub can run at 2 ohms and when i hook it up its reading at 1.4 and my amp is over heating, and i dont have to pay shipping to return it they guy who orders them is giving me aa credit and he is sending it back for me. and the sub wrks fine i just dont want to over heat my amp from the sub when i can get a better sub for the same money that wont be misleading like this one is, and i am listening to what everybbody is saying, but theres always that one person wh has to kill it for other because the deside to be an a@@ hole about everything when people are just looknig fr help not to get isalted by people. but i thank all you who have actually given me advice i realy do appriciate it.

Look, buddy, I'm not sure why you are upset. No one was mean in this thread. We are all telling you that it's normal and that it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm not really sure why you are sending back a perfectly good sub, but hey: it's your project. :)

SMH lol..

OP Just do what you think will please you. Folks here are just trying to help you out and prove there statements, sometimes it is said very directly but hey just knod your head say roger and move out no need to pout. After all in the end it will be your decision wether or not you take the advice or continue down your path. just my $.02
Edited by JR2011bu

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Let's not forget impedance rise lol. You'll never see anything lower than 2 ohm...if wired correctly. Now if you are wiring all positives to all positives and all negatives to all negatives, then you are running at .5 ohm and therefor, your amp and electrical will not like this! (if I did my math right lol...it is 3 am)..damn the thought of figuring out to wire quad 2 ohm sub to two ohms is hurting my head..

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Like this, but for one sub.

EDIT: Just saw you're last post..if you are reading total impedance of 1.4, then as stated MANY times before, YOU ARE FINE! Even the one you are calling an ass told you this. Sheesh.

Edited by sayhuh?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

to all yu guys basically callig me an idiot

You are.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

^^ XD

We are trying to help just as much as you are looking for it, but you're not making it easy.

Your DMM is not an amp. The amp will se a 2 ohm load if you wire the sub correctly. That's the bottom line of what we are saying.

If your amp gets too hot you have adjusted your setup wrong, and/or you don't meet its power requrement.

Look here: http://www.dynabel.no/Resource/File/338/SCAN-SPEAK_SUB_30W-4558T00.PDF High quality speaker.

This is a 4 Ohm woofer, as stated in the datesheet as "Nominal impedance [Zn] 4 "

Now read this, "DC resistance [Re] 2.6 " THIS is what your DMM will read. It's not even close to 4 ohms but it's still a 4 ohm speaker, as that is the nominal impedance.

If you don't know the terms used, google them!