Fix that ground. Rookies use the seat bracket for a ground.

^^That is exactly what i thought when i saw that pic..think about it, you double bolted the box and it looks like you have 8 or 10 gauge running to and from those bolts.. to ground to the body through that bolt with a run of 0/1 us never going to allow that amp to be pushed to the limit and you risk heating things up.^^

Says the guy with one post.... He has dual frame grounds...

Edit:Ninja'd... Lol

Doesn't matter how many posts I have. I still know that attempting to use a stock bolt for a ground when trying to push that kind of power through the system is not going to work well.

True doesnt matter the post count and you are right cause grounding to a seat bolt does cause heat issues and you would never get the full potential of the amp unless you did frame grounds

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

Also removed the very rear speakers that were on the roof.

E464DD42-C688-4C46-B1FA-98A3EFE22706-782

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

• 4 weeks later...

Just blew my intake gasket going to the bank today and lost every bit of coolant in the engine. Luckily was able to pull in the bank and shut it off before it overheated very much. Got a 195 degree thermostat in it and it only went to 210 on the gauge. Then got it towed to Ralph's Tune Up (only guys I let touch my truck). I covered the 35 dollar tow charge but then got a $570 dollar quote to fix it so needless to say I'll have to get the parents to chip in on that bill when it comes.

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

The guy I took it to is a chevy fanatic. While I was there he talked to me about it and got me to stick the hose in the radiator and let it run. He showed me where it was leaking well it was more or less just running out the whole perimeter of the intake. I was thinking the worst like a head gasket but he told me don't worry I got this under control so I feel good about it. Hopefully it won't be but a 2 day job cause I need to get it back to wash it and detail the inside for the show on May 11th in Wilson, NC

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

It's a 5.7L Vortec and the "upper & lower" intake gaskets needed replacing. Got to take the ad compressor off and take all the plastic intake part off then take off the intake manifold. Pretty much everything right before taking valve covers and heads off.

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Archived