Second Skin Audio

custom BL18 box built to spec sounds like crap

ncc74656

i only have some mid build pics. the added wood over the sub was to give the sub a reverberation plate so as not to be directed into the fabric seat. the sub box as described to be has ports in the main housing and secondary ports in the front of the sub as well. i must say this box builder comes highly recommended by people that i implicitly trust and have major backgrounds in car audio, as you view pictures or my descriptions please try and assume first that things are being done for a reason before assuming the builder is an idiot. having said this i still want to hear all opinions and facts there of.

I feel its worth noting that i have not heard this sub nor have i seen the completed box. my builder called me to say things were not going as planned and the sub sounds sub par (no pun intended). I am a computer/auto tech with a minimal background in audio so what im describing may not be 100% accurate, or even 60% accurate.

my goal here is to better understand what should be done and what others have done to make there FI sub sound great. no one in my town has ever built a box (or if they have i cant find them) for this sub or heard this sub so im going blind as far as a comparison model.

pics: http://imgur.com/a/jQXKw

nothing, gutted

is it me ? or is your box made of particle board? can we see a pic of the box completed?

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

i do not have a pic of the completed box, i am sure its MDF. i know plenty of bass heads from my days at retail stores and install bays but none have heard of FI. alpine, kicker, JL, MTX, and others but not FI.

the builder is running with the theory that the sub is being starved for air.

as much as i want to hear everyone's opinion i also want to know what WILL work or what HAS worked with others who run this sub. anything to go off of to get my box built to the best it can be.

nothing, gutted

Just a normal slot port box... nothing fancy like what hes trying and failed at doing.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Archived