Sundown Audio

How loud can a single sa8v2 really get

Most people get 2 as the required port is is long on a single sa8 that the resion for getting the 8, is defeated,(space)

The smaller the box the longer the port needs to be, and with the sq" of port required a single sa8 will have between 35-45" long port @12sq" wide

Where as the length is close to the same for 2 only double the width

Most sinlge 8's require 1.3-1.4gross

Where as 2 is 2.3-2.4gross, in most cases less then a single 12"

Depending on your current setup

On same power, 2x sa8v2 will more then Likly be louder, then what you have and compaired to 2xtypeR12 idd say very close to equale, but the 12's will be slightly louder but only down low, where cone counts,

As far as what you have now you could fit 3-4 sa8 in the place of 2x 10 and then no dought will be louder, but you'll need more power for that

they've done 150.8 sealed on the dash.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Depending on your current setup

On same power, 2x sa8v2 will more then Likly be louder, then what you have and compaired to 2xtypeR12 idd say very close to equale, but the 12's will be slightly louder but only down low, where cone counts,

As far as what you have now you could fit 3-4 sa8 in the place of 2x 10 and then no dought will be louder, but you'll need more power for that

without proof, i doubt 2 8's will be as loud as 2 12's. considering they can handle the same amount of power. cone area is king

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

i dont deny cone is king

but with in the measurements given 2x type R 12 will give 2.8net @33hz 45sq" of port (1.4 each in common chamber, no bracing or double baffle)

he will not be getting the most out the 2x12,

2x10 in the correct box to the desired tune he wants/requires, (not what he has now) is a different story

but will be close to on par as the linear density is very close, the 10" are only marginally bigger

so if i was to rephrase my last post,

2x sa8 in the right box would be better then what he has now and louder down low

2 x tR10 in a new box tuned correctly will be slightly louder then the 2x sa8

I have two type r 10s in my civic now. Im looking to build a ported box to really make these things shine. They will be running off a audiopipe ap15001d@ 1 ohm (1500rms) I like the sound and look of a slot, big port opening so i was thinking 15-16sq in per cube? Im wanting subs and port facing back, port in the middle but willing to change that. My max sizes are L=36 H=16 W=14-16. Does anyone have good luck with certain designes that they would not care sharing? I want these tuned a bit low but I dont want a one hit wonder box ether. I listen to everything but mostly young jeezy type songs. Im also very interested in doing a horn style box if it will gain me more output.I have never designed one of these. thanks in advance for any designes

I saw bass barbie did about 145 iirc on two SA-8 v2 subs. sooooooooo 72db give or take a few db

Edit: but really, it all depends on your box, placement, your car, power.... etc it's too hard to tell. best way I would gather info would be to ask others who ran a single 8

T

Thats basicly what I'm doing, asking others that have ran a single 8. Like I said, no one around here has one, kinda sucks! It would be going into a 02 civic facing the rear. I would love to run 2 to 3 of them but cost would be the issue there. Just wondering what luck people have had with one of these little guys!

I had a single sa 8 v2 in a T-line box on the rear 2 channels on my SA 100.4 in the trunk of my jetta and it burped a 133.x sealed on the dash on a tl. Sounded great on every type of music IMO. Was louder to the ears with the windows down. I'm waiting for my second 8 and going to do another box for 2 of them and see how they are. Going to run the 2 at 2 ohms on my SA 3k. Should make a little noise.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

• 3 months later...

I had a single sa 8 v2 in a T-line box on the rear 2 channels on my SA 100.4 in the trunk of my jetta and it burped a 133.x sealed on the dash on a tl. Sounded great on every type of music IMO. Was louder to the ears with the windows down. I'm waiting for my second 8 and going to do another box for 2 of them and see how they are. Going to run the 2 at 2 ohms on my SA 3k. Should make a little noise.

A proper T-Line will be QUITE louder to the ear with windows down, Try the TL with the door opposite side of the port on, it will get LOUD!

Edited by StreetMetalBen