Sundown Audio

Just to be clear

CDetty

Because sundown's amps are a little pricey.

Don't get me wrong they're great. I loved my sundown amps.

without a equpiment list or a build log in your signature, I have no idea what you are running in your setup ...

but I'd like to read up on it sometimes if you have a link ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Read up on what? I no longer run sundown equipment.

And I recently sold my audioque 3500.1

But if you have any questions for me feel free to pm

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Because sundown's amps are a little pricey.

Don't get me wrong they're great. I loved my sundown amps.

Last time I recieved quotes from represenatives of DC Audio, Cactus sounds, and Digital Designs, and American Bass. All the amps that put out similar power all where about the same price.

Just because the MSRP on one amplifier maybe more than another brand power for the same wattage, does not mean that is what car audio shops, online retailers or independent representatives of a said company actually sell the amps for.

It called shopping around for the best price that can be found (normally from an authorized seller so you have a warranty on that new amplifier).

Im getting very sick of talking down a brand of product because people claim its expensive when the prices are actually very fair! Its almost getting as bad as a person calling another person a nuthugger because they got mad that someone proved them wrong with fact while the other person had to start calling names.. Most of us are adults here or close too, its time to grow up!

PS: I guess no one should buy Rockford Fosgate, Audison, Focal, Hertz, Morel, Arc Audio, and so many more!!!

Want a good laugh?

Sundown is so expensive you say.... But yet this 5000watt RMS Orion HCCA amp is $2,500! http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9412-hcca50001-orion-monoblock-5000w-hcca-series-amplifier.aspx

Or this PowerBass 5000watt RMS amp is $1,999! http://www.woofersetc.com/p-9835-xta-5000d-powerbass-5000w-rms-xta-series-class-d-monoblock-amplifier.aspx

But yet this overly expensive brand called Sundown Audio is selling their newest amp in the lineup called the NS-1 that is severely underrated and does well more than its 6500watts rms they rated it at and is only $1,899 which is cheaper than 2 amps that do less power.... Hmm how could that be?????? http://www.woofersetc.com/p-10767-ns-1-sundown-audio-monoblock-6500w-rms-mono-power-amplifier.aspx

If I plan on running two sundown E15s either at 400 or 500 watts RMS, I'll need an amplifier that can put out 800 watts or 1000 watts RMS? This is assuming clean signal, good wire, etc.

The Sundown Audio E series woofers are rated for 400 Watts RMS each, so if you buy 2 of them, you would want dual 4 ohm coils. This way you can wire both coils on each woofer in parallel (positive to positive, negative to negative), and than wire bother woofers together also in parallel. You will than be left with a final impedance of 1 ohm. So you will want to look for a 1ohm stable amplifier that will at least do 800 Watts RMS.

I would strongly suggest going a little bit larger on the amplifier though. You should be looking to find an amp in the 1,200 Watts RMS to about 1,500 Watts RMS. All the Sundown woofers are severely underrated on power handling and are built to take more power than they rate them for, realistically you could probably put a clean 600-900 Watts RMS to each woofer in a perfect world.

By the term "in a perfect world" I mean your box is built correctly to spec that the woofers ask for, you have a solid charging system, proper size wiring, a good AGM/Gel Cell battery, a properly tuned amplifier, etc.

As others have said you may have voltage drop, and just because you wire your amplifier at 1 ohm does not mean its always going to play at 1 ohm. There is something called Impedance Rise or Box Rise (samething but some call it differently), Tho Im sure your not a competitor and Impedance rise is nothing to really be concerned with due to that, but it is great to know even if you never plan to goto a single competition ever.

Two AQ3500D.1s = 8.6k rms, cost $1598 shipped to your door, best price you will find for reliable power PERIOD!!!

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Im still trying to figure out how matching brands is sound quality...

installation points and "Wow" factors ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Im still trying to figure out how matching brands is sound quality...

in full "Sound Quality" competition ... Sound stage and image normally makes up for 40% of the judging, installation usually makes up for 40% of the judging, and SPL is in the area of 20% of the judging and sometimes good for tie breakers ...