Gonna have to keep this thread in mind. Had ddm's in my car for like 4 years, had a bulb go out, needed a bulb in a hurry so went to just plug in a halogen for the time being.

Diddnt fix it, ended up being a wiring issue, went to plug the ballast back in and just run new wires from the other side of the car, left the wire off the ballast fall into the fender and fried the ballast. FUCK!!

Now I gotta get some new hid's, and now all this new 'ddm has gone to shit' talk is sketchin me out.

However, If you had that ballast left that you wernt using anymore, It would be mad cool if you could hook me up or even sell it to me or something so I can get rid of these shit ass halogens that are in there now

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Gonna have to keep this thread in mind. Had ddm's in my car for like 4 years, had a bulb go out, needed a bulb in a hurry so went to just plug in a halogen for the time being.

Diddnt fix it, ended up being a wiring issue, went to plug the ballast back in and just run new wires from the other side of the car, left the wire off the ballast fall into the fender and fried the ballast. FUCK!!

Now I gotta get some new hid's, and now all this new 'ddm has gone to shit' talk is sketchin me out.

However, If you had that ballast left that you wernt using anymore, It would be mad cool if you could hook me up or even sell it to me or something so I can get rid of these shit ass halogens that are in there now

Yea, of course Ill send ya the ballast. Itll have to be once I get my new kit though. I get paid next Friday, so thats when Ill be ordering.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to update you guys. I ordered a 35 watt 5000k Xtreme HID kit from XenonDepot on Tuesday morning. It arrived Friday; which is surprising because the kit shipped from Canada.

The kit was $169.99 shipped and I got it when they had some summer sale going on. The kit came with the obvious (2 bulbs and ballasts), two independent fused relays, an installation manual, and zipties & double sided 3M tape.

I installed it Friday night, but didnt get a chance to actually test the kit until tonight. Im comparing the kit to my DDM kit. The bulbs warm up much faster and actually seem to cover more area (but that may just be me). When I say this, I mean that it seems to cover more horizonal distance. I also dont have any issues with any light not firing up the first time (I used to have to flicker the headlights on and off once).

As of right now, Im extremely happy with the kit!

Im gonna be pretty busyin the beginning of this week. I may be able to find some free time. Can you PM me your address so I can ship the ballast when I find time?

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

• 4 weeks later...

honestly I have had 4 ddm tuning kits, and my friend has 3, so 7 kits total, 1 for my old van, 3 for my mazda, and 3 for my friends mazda, and not one of them have had issues, even with all the heat under the hood, and the engine heat makes the ballasts very hot, you need to make sure they get enough power, and you may need to build a relay with higher gauge wiring, my bulbs all were the correct colors, I run 2 55w 6000k's, one for my main headlight and one for my high beam, and a 35w 5000k for my fogs, all of them match perfect, just saying, but there are other good brands out there, but youll pay more for em, my friends is still working great too, I installed all of them :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

honestly I have had 4 ddm tuning kits, and my friend has 3, so 7 kits total, 1 for my old van, 3 for my mazda, and 3 for my friends mazda, and not one of them have had issues, even with all the heat under the hood, and the engine heat makes the ballasts very hot, you need to make sure they get enough power, and you may need to build a relay with higher gauge wiring, my bulbs all were the correct colors, I run 2 55w 6000k's, one for my main headlight and one for my high beam, and a 35w 5000k for my fogs, all of them match perfect, just saying, but there are other good brands out there, but youll pay more for em, my friends is still working great too, I installed all of them :P

Im glad to hear that you had good luck with DDM. However, as far as im concerned... Im done with them.

I had a pair of mismatched bulbs. They replaced them, but like a month later one of the NEW bulbs goes out. On top of that, a ballast dies. Even then, sometimes the other light didnt turn on. I had to turn on and off the lights with my switch.

I had a relay for the lights. I actually got it from DDM.

As of right now, Im staying with XenonDepot. Theyve worked flawlessly, and seem a bit brighter... however that may just be me :peepwall:

LMFAO so true

I'm going to summarize my experiece with DDM.

Bulbs suck

(55w slim digital)Ballasts are OK. Nothing amazing but not horrid either. Mine seem to have a hot-restrike protection feature and light up every time, so I still use them

Their relay sucks. The high beams stick on when I have my fog on. I use this messup to have both fogs and brights on when driving down an unlit road at night, but I also have to turn my fogs off to flash my brights. But it doesn't maintain OEM functionality, hence why I say it isn't too great.

I have Retro-Solutions digital brand HIDs. They were 160$ shipped. I love them. I have had them for 2 months and have had no issues what so ever, even with the bit of abuse on them. My remote unlock flashes headlights twice and I accidentally did that a couple of times forgetting about the HIDs. It takes them about 45s to get to 90% full brightness. My bulbs are 9007

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

• 3 weeks later...

i dont know if your still lookin for HID's but im gonna say a site where i got my mom some for her jeep and a couple of my friends got them, http://www.houseofhid.com/

they're really good and really bright HID's my mom's had them on her jeep for a while now and they've been through some abuse and still held up really good no problems at all so far and same with my friends. also, they all have on they're vehicles where when you lock it or unlock it the lights flash too

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

if you have a mazda3 these lenses are amazing, they give you an amazing cutoff with a blue/purplish line right at the cutoff, so when your coming towards someone your lights flicker blue/purple, but they output pure white, like a BMW :Phttp://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=150

TRS%20Mazda%203%20Clear%20Lense%205l.jpg

I love it, my ddm's dont seem as bright as this pic though, and they are 55w, may upgrade to some higher end brand someday :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Archived