Sonic Electronix

Woot got my shit tuned with the DD-1!!!

Picked up a DD-1 from SlamminBeats, got my stuff tuned finally. I had tuned it prior with a DMM using the square root of (600*2). Before I had tuned the amp with the DD-1 I check the ACV and got 36.2. Afterwards I checked again and it was 28.22. The square root of (400*2) is just a tad above 28.22. So if that is possible, that is what my amp is putting out. My car sounds amazing now, and the bass is actually louder at this lower voltage. Also I have some questions. Should I be setting everything with the car on or off? When I set it with the car on, I got to 35/35 without the distortion light coming on. But when off It was 28/35. Another thing, when I set my sub amp everything normal happened, the 40Hz detect, and signal came on. Now when I put then up to the the 4 channel, the 1kHz and signal never came out. Even when I turned the gain up on either 1/2 or 3/4 the distortion light would come on eventually, but the 1kHz detect and signal never even flickered. Anything about that guys?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Picked up a DD-1 from SlamminBeats, got my stuff tuned finally. I had tuned it prior with a DMM using the square root of (600*2). Before I had tuned the amp with the DD-1 I check the ACV and got 36.2. Afterwards I checked again and it was 28.22. The square root of (400*2) is just a tad above 28.22. So if that is possible, that is what my amp is putting out. My car sounds amazing now, and the bass is actually louder at this lower voltage. Also I have some questions. Should I be setting everything with the car on or off? When I set it with the car on, I got to 35/35 without the distortion light coming on. But when off It was 28/35. Another thing, when I set my sub amp everything normal happened, the 40Hz detect, and signal came on. Now when I put then up to the the 4 channel, the 1kHz and signal never came out. Even when I turned the gain up on either 1/2 or 3/4 the distortion light would come on eventually, but the 1kHz detect and signal never even flickered. Anything about that guys?

this.getting the same thing. i just used the distortion light like normal, was just kinda curious

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Ok, Tomorrow I will go back out and set with the car on, and I am going to do the 40Hz -10db tone

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

When I don't get a signal on my 4 channel its because I forgot to turn my crossover in my deck off. Check and make sure you dont have any filters on

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

idk man good question. but always set it with the car on.

Car off, according to D'Amore.

What he said. I have seen the forum multiple times and I'm sure a quick search would reveal it but tony did say so himself to set the gains with the car off. I think it is so you don't clip with voltage drop but I'm no expert.

It's so the DD-1 doesn't pick up any noise added in by the car running. The DD-1 is a distortion detector, which includes, but is not limited to clipping. That is why things tend to sound better after tuning with a DD-1, you aren't simply removing clipping, but removing TONS of distortion. You end up amplifying a much cleaner signal and typically lowering how high your gain is set, which in turns lowers your noise floor even more.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

When I don't get a signal on my 4 channel its because I forgot to turn my crossover in my deck off. Check and make sure you dont have any filters on

THanks for the replies guys. To you Real96SS, I did have every filter off and the 4-channel was on full to both channels. Will check it all out again when i go to reset my mono amp with the -10.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm