Second Skin Audio

Carbon Fiber Box, NEW AMP RACK PICS ADDED, Page 13!!!

If you go back and read, you will see you were the dick.

You blew up at me.

So now that youve done it, its finished... What would you do different?

Since you finished it at least try to teach someone that would want to try it.

I would have built side finish panels seperate than the box in order to cover up those nasty seams. Only way to do it really.

Your flood coat turned out ok, but looks like you had some dust somewhere.

And remember to use a roller lightly if you cant vac it.

Like i said.. I said it was stupid to spend that amount of money on the materials used.. You told me to fuck off and not be a dick.

I guess im done here.

Im a dick and will fuck off now

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

That was me. For sure.

I wanna see your carbon fiber sub boxes

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

It is pointless to do an entire box in CF.

Want to see a CF layup?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

:popcorn:

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

It is pointless to do an entire box in CF.

Want to see a CF layup?

Like that link you posted? Fake carbon fiber vinyl? That must be awesome stuff. Please read the title of this thread carefully..... "Carbon Fiber Reinforced Subwoofer Box". You still missed the point of the build, to REINFORCE the box using carbon fiber, real carbon fiber inside and out. And it was an experiment with material I already had lying around gathering dust. In your world maybe I should also put a picture of a speaker on my box instead of "wasting money" on an actual speaker?

And building separate trim panels instead of coating the actual box as you also suggested is not what I wanted to do here and also missing the point. Not only would that would have been 10 times easier, but it also offers no structural integrity to the actual box. That was the back-up plan if the actual box turned out looking like dogshit.

.....and you came off as a dick to me in my thread. Whether I read your intent wrong or right doesn't matter. If it was me seeming to be a dick to you in a thread about something you built, I'd get the ban in a heartbeat and you know it.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

I mentioned the side panels to cover it up.

I get that you still think the cf made the box stronger or was even needed..

Understood.

And the dinoc i posted was just for looks.. Thats all..

As in... Thats all you actually did here.

Keep thinking that 4 layers of flat CF did anything to make that box any stronger.

I mentioned the side panels to cover it up.

I get that you still think the cf made the box stronger or was even needed..

Understood.

And the dinoc i posted was just for looks.. Thats all..

As in... Thats all you actually did here.

Keep thinking that 4 layers of flat CF did anything to make that box any stronger.

...and you think I'm so stupid that I don't recognize the condescending way you wrote that just like the other posts you've made in this thread? Your ego must be frigging HUGE! You cant make a single reply in this thread without throwing out a jab at me. At least when I insult you, I have the balls to do it directly and clearly, not the passive-aggressive pussy way you throw insults around. Grow a pair.

I have no misconceptions that 4 layers of flat carbon fiber will do much of anything for the rigidity of 1.25" MDF. I build 1/4" thick carbon fiber engine plates that hold down drag racing motors making 1200-2100 horsepower and it takes 28 compressed layers of flat CF to reach such a strength. BTW, I'm the only person in the country that builds these plates when everyone else said it couldn't be done and they thought I was stupid just like you do. See the pics below. One pic is my CF motor plate next to the 1/4" aluminum motor plate that it replaced. So I think I have a keen grasp of the structural properties of CF. Really, the only place I think it makes a difference is in the corners just like when a box is reinforced with glass and resin in the corners. And between the added strips of CF and the flat sides overlapping, the corners have about 12 layers altogether. I covered all sides for consistency and aesthetics and because I didn't care about burning up materials. Think of me putting CF on the flat sides like you putting a plexiglas window in a box. It isn't there to do anything but make the box prettier. Same deal.

EricKenwardMotorPlate2-1.jpg

EricKenwardMotorPlateInstalled.jpg

G-bodyPlate2.jpg

GregHindman3.jpg

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Archived