Second Skin Audio

Tips for build a box inside the trunk

Halostryker

So I have a 2000 Mazda 626 and the trunk is about 33.5" wide 30" deep and 14.5" tall, but the biggest box I can fit through the trunk opening is 32x14.5x16. I want my new box to be about 32x14.5x25 so what is the best way to go about building a strong box inside the trunk and what would be the best way to seal the trunk off

So I have a 2000 Mazda 626 and the trunk is about 33.5" wide 30" deep and 14.5" tall, but the biggest box I can fit through the trunk opening is 32x14.5x16. I want my new box to be about 32x14.5x25 so what is the best way to go about building a strong box inside the trunk and what would be the best way to seal the trunk off

It starts in the design itself, then you can modify the cutsheet so you can screw from the sides, you can use a nail gun, you can fiberglass etc..Just plan ahead.

lots of sound deadener and great stuff to seal it off. I had a room mate who used gorilla glue because it wasn't a permanent car.

wood side panels, make templates with cardboard

This is the reason why I don't have 15s. Don't know of a good way to build inside my trunk

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

I guess when I start this build I will share my newly learned knowledge so others can learn from it too. Btw if it helps I'm gonna be building a 4th order with 2 12" RE audio sex subs. Sealed side will be 1.72 cubes and ported will be 3.49 cubes tuned to 45 hz. When I get the money ill get better subs and better amps

I was thinking of doing this but wasn't sure if it would work thanks for the clarification.

When I build inside the trunk I use 1x1 all the way round the inside of the box, then glue the sides down and use the 1x1 to screw both sides together,

It's not the best way but works very well and seals it up tight at the same time

Archived