Second Skin Audio

4th order blow-through build help, 6 18's

i didnt read all the post, but 48hz sounds like a fair tuning frequency. however things seem pretty contradicting to me.

its in a truck (i presume extended cab with rear seats) so the cabin gain is going to be high and peaky; probly 50ish maybe even 55hz. which is good for SPL comps

but you said you want it to drop low.. this is where i see the biggest problem, with the combination of the high cabin gain and high Fb (plus 4th O BP tends to be pretty peaky aroung the tuning frequency) idk how low it will actually go. not to mention, your subsonic should be set 5-7 hz below your enclosure Fb. OTOH im willing to bet you pull some crazy numbers around 50hz

It's actually a crew cab truck. I'm not sure what the cabin gain would be since it's a crew cab. I want it to be able to hit the lows more than anything. Good numbers would be nice but it's not worth it to have an SPL vehicle in the area where I live. The only events we have around here are Slamology and a couple Iasca events a year. It would be cool to compete, but with only 4k watts, I wouldn't stand a chance anyway in my class. So there's no point. But if I lower the tuning to around 42hz, I was hoping I'd be able to hit the lows even with cabin gain. I really don't care to lose 47-50hz output. I only listen to rap music and the majority of it is Decaf.

We have tons of comps here, what part of indy you in? There were like 20 IASCA comps this year lol plus slamology, finals will be here as well. But yeah you would be in my class if you competed and I am building to compete.

i didnt read all the post, but 48hz sounds like a fair tuning frequency. however things seem pretty contradicting to me.

its in a truck (i presume extended cab with rear seats) so the cabin gain is going to be high and peaky; probly 50ish maybe even 55hz. which is good for SPL comps

but you said you want it to drop low.. this is where i see the biggest problem, with the combination of the high cabin gain and high Fb (plus 4th O BP tends to be pretty peaky aroung the tuning frequency) idk how low it will actually go. not to mention, your subsonic should be set 5-7 hz below your enclosure Fb. OTOH im willing to bet you pull some crazy numbers around 50hz

It's actually a crew cab truck. I'm not sure what the cabin gain would be since it's a crew cab. I want it to be able to hit the lows more than anything. Good numbers would be nice but it's not worth it to have an SPL vehicle in the area where I live. The only events we have around here are Slamology and a couple Iasca events a year. It would be cool to compete, but with only 4k watts, I wouldn't stand a chance anyway in my class. So there's no point. But if I lower the tuning to around 42hz, I was hoping I'd be able to hit the lows even with cabin gain. I really don't care to lose 47-50hz output. I only listen to rap music and the majority of it is Decaf.

We have tons of comps here, what part of indy you in? There were like 20 IASCA comps this year lol plus slamology, finals will be here as well. But yeah you would be in my class if you competed and I am building to compete.

I didn't even notice you're in Indiana lol. But I'm in Muncie. I've probably seen you around. What kind of vehicle do you drive? And I guess I didn't realize there are that many comps here. That surprises me actually. But I just started going to the competitions in the middle of this season. And ya I don't think I want to compete in your class lol

edit: And I will be using more than 1-2 braces lol. and that's good to hear about being able to play lower louder. But when and where are finals?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

I didn't even notice you're in Indiana lol. But I'm in Muncie. I've probably seen you around. And I guess I didn't realize there are that many comps here. That surprises me actually. But I just started going to the competitions in the middle of this season. And ya I don't think I want to compete in your class lol

Ah, you should know trent then he is from there. You might have seen my van if you went to any of the Excessive DBs shows or 1-2 of the Trendsetter shows. I also was at the Friday night show that we hosted and slamology. Asylum is having a show this Saturday as well.

I didn't even notice you're in Indiana lol. But I'm in Muncie. I've probably seen you around. And I guess I didn't realize there are that many comps here. That surprises me actually. But I just started going to the competitions in the middle of this season. And ya I don't think I want to compete in your class lol

Ah, you should know trent then he is from there. You might have seen my van if you went to any of the Excessive DBs shows or 1-2 of the Trendsetter shows. I also was at the Friday night show that we hosted and slamology. Asylum is having a show this Saturday as well.

Oh ok, I think I've heard of you actually. Heard your van is crazy loud. I didn't know about the show at asylum but I did go to slamology and the show the night before it. But I'll definitely try to make it to that show this weekend. I'll be in Indy for 4 wheel jamboree so I'll check it out. I'll have to get a demo of your van. But I'm not sure who trent is. What's he drive?

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

Oh ok, I think I've heard of you actually. Heard your van is crazy loud. I didn't know about the show at asylum but I did go to slamology and the show the night before it. But I'll definitely try to make it to that show this weekend. I'll be in Indy for 4 wheel jamboree so I'll check it out. I'll have to get a demo of your van. But I'm not sure who trent is. What's he drive?

Black tiberon he just put 6 xl 12s in it. I would give you a demo but I just tore it all out, going for a different setup with a higher ratio BP for more gain and power handling. Gonna do 8 xl 15s on a flatwall 4th order. I had the silver/brown van had DD stickers and DC stickers all over it.

Black tiberon he just put 6 xl 12s in it. I would give you a demo but I just tore it all out, going for a different setup with a higher ratio BP for more gain and power handling. Gonna do 8 xl 15s on a flatwall 4th order. I had the silver/brown van had DD stickers and DC stickers all over it.

Ya, i just read your BL after I said that and realized it. But I remember your van. Never saw you giving demos though so I didn't ask lol. But 6 xl's in a tiburon? That's gotta be nuts! Does he have an acct on here? I need to hear that asap.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Ya, i just read your BL after I said that and realized it. But I remember your van. Never saw you giving demos though so I didn't ask lol. But 6 xl's in a tiburon? That's gotta be nuts! Does he have an acct on here? I need to hear that asap.

I didnt give demos Friday night because I just got that new windshield the day before, I blew the other one apart. Then at slamology by the time I got through the lanes it and re-wired the head unit up front to give demos it was late. Plus I forgot my battery charger so my batterys were dead. Took my 2.5 hrs to get through the lanes the line was so damn long. I messed up though Trent lives in Muncie not Marion lol here is his BL though I think he is coming to the Asylum show, Ill have to ask him http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/130268-6-dc-xl-12s-clammed-in-a-tiburon-shes-alive-vid-on-pg-12/

I didnt give demos Friday night because I just got that new windshield the day before, I blew the other one apart. Then at slamology by the time I got through the lanes it and re-wired the head unit up front to give demos it was late. Plus I forgot my battery charger so my batterys were dead. Took my 2.5 hrs to get through the lanes the line was so damn long. I messed up though Trent lives in Muncie not Marion lol here is his BL though I think he is coming to the Asylum show, Ill have to ask him http://www.stevemead...e-vid-on-pg-12/

Ya I can understand why you wouldn't give demos then lol. But ya the lines were crazy at slamology. But I live in Muncie. U mean he lives in Marion not Muncie? lol

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Ya I can understand why you wouldn't give demos then lol. But ya the lines were crazy at slamology. But I live in Muncie. U mean he lives in Marion not Muncie? lol

No I didnt mess up then lol he lives in Muncie

nice lol. But do you know of anywhere around here or Indianapolis that sells discounted MDF? I'm going to need A LOT of it and at $35 a sheet that's gonna get super expensive.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Archived