Second Skin Audio

Anyone Ever build a box with particle board?!?!?

alenv10

I guess it also depends on what subs your planning to use and whether its just for quality, being loud 'n' low, or competition....

Just be honest, it's always a work in progress with ever changing plans.

Built one sub box out of particle board and will never do it again. Flexed like Crazy, and one of the subs fell out. Pulled a layer of the board out with it. If you're not willing to spend an extra 15-25 bucks on a sheet of MDF, don't build a box at all. Set up a lemonade stand until you can afford it lol.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

After reading the replies and all the points I think I am going to buy some fiberboard to play with designs, I hadn't thought of that and was all about MDF. I have owned premade boxes made of particle board but they never had speakers in them worth causing them to flex. I thought they did their job ok but it was also home audio so there wasn't much excursion.

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.

Great question..........I've been building for twenty years all particle board only once with mdf.......spent 3 weeks trying to clean out my vents around the house with mdf.....very fine and very messy to clean up.....I've had great luck with pb and wont use anything else....but you need to try each style and go with whats best for you!!!!!..Every body does things different!!!!!!!Good luck!!!!!

Maybe if you glassed and braced it a lot but at that stage with the money in materials you would have been better off buying mdf to begin with.

Live and learn I guess.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I used pb for my frist comp box was trying comps out for the first time and wanted to keep cost down 2 12's did a 148.x on the termlab and over a 150 on the stick mic this was way back when comps were changing from stick mics to the tl so 1 comp was with the tl and one with the stick

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

I used pb for my frist comp box was trying comps out for the first time and wanted to keep cost down 2 12's did a 148.x on the termlab and over a 150 on the stick mic this was way back when comps were changing from stick mics to the tl so 1 comp was with the tl and one with the stick

I bet you knew quite a bit more about what you were doing though. Most of that score probably came down to the box design.

refer to the signature lol

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I bet you knew quite a bit more about what you were doing though. Most of that score probably came down to the box design.

refer to the signature lol

well i was doing audio for a while before i did a my frist comp and only had a lil clue of what comps were about this was back before music classes everything was burp only so i did build a burp box and thats why i was so loud first time out big ol huge port lol i remeber that box well me and my team mate built it the port was funny we looked like it and siad hmmm we will cut here no port length just a big square hole but it did very well for a frist time all partical bord

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Great question..........I've been building for twenty years all particle board only once with mdf.......spent 3 weeks trying to clean out my vents around the house with mdf.....very fine and very messy to clean up.....I've had great luck with pb and wont use anything else....but you need to try each style and go with whats best for you!!!!!..Every body does things different!!!!!!!Good luck!!!!!

Really!!!???

Particle board.... fuck that....

Maybe if you put a gallon of resin on each peice

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1