Second Skin Audio

Port Area VS Low Tuning

TRTC360

If this helps, the subs i'm running are AB XFL's 12's, lots of people have told me they aren't the best subs for lows but I beg to differ, my friends box tuned to 30hz with 14sqin of port per cube, running HDC3 12's on about 2k, digs deep down into the 20's which are the types of lows i really like, 36hz won't really get as low as I want it to

Why would you tune that low with HDC3's? that's just stupid.

I completely disagree with you loud n-low. I don't see much sense at all tuning to 20 hz. It's all application dependent, did a box for a buddy's CVX 12's. 4 cubes with 61 square inches of port tuned to 34. drops down to the 20's no problem.

OP, isn't the whole point of a removable port to be able to play with tuning and port area? why even ask, just try it and find out what you like.

I swear all the vets have gone to sleep..

While tuning to 23hz may be a bit too low for my tastes, I love the way my friends box sounds that's tuned to 30hz, it digs deep down into the low 20's with HDC3 12's subs that mostly everyone says are meant for SPL because of their stiff suspension and high fs rating, i'm sure that if he threw some RE XXX or 13w7's in that box he would pick up on the lows, but the point being with his setup is that you don't need subs meant for lows in order to play lowwww, some people enjoy higher bass, others enjoy metal flexing, hear tricking lows, I prefer lows over everything

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I had four havoc 18 tuned low burp 56.1 sealled dash at 27hz.hairtricks with ease..but upper freq fell off.. so now looking to tune higher just to be more musical.tuning low theres sacrifice.i rather have music..but sure do miss the windblowing.

Probably drops down to 20 with subsonic on 30hz lol, play it full tilt subsonic off for a whole song in the low 20s and see how that goes.

He's got a brutus 1200. not sure that the amp even has subsonic. even if it does, it's not in effect here.

goes into the upper 20's easily, but they're kickers, not miracle workers.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I had four havoc 18 tuned low burp 56.1 sealled dash at 27hz.hairtricks with ease..but upper freq fell off.. so now looking to tune higher just to be more musical.tuning low theres sacrifice.i rather have music..but sure do miss the windblowing.

So it sounds like, if I want more frequency range than I should make hair tricks my goal.

And last question from me on this thread. According to the torres calc the areo port requires less port than the slot port. Why is that??

Airports have more efficient airflow than slots so it doesn't need as much area to move the same amount of air

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

So let me get this straight, so the lower the tuning, the less port you need, and can you still maintain good range (20-60hz) and output? I'm trying to learn more into designing ported boxes myself.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

So let me get this straight, so the lower the tuning, the less port you need, and can you still maintain good range (20-60hz) and output? I'm trying to learn more into designing ported boxes myself.

x2,

I've got 2 box designs, both at 32.5 Hz, but one with little under 14 sq in and one with 17 sq in of port.....i wanna know what the difference would be

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

I remember blofk4* said that in/cube was just a rule of thumb and that a better way to determine involves some heavy math with net vol. tuning frequency and power along with ts parameters

I am really interested in all that he knows about box designing and I kinda hope he chimes in

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

http://portsgalore.stefanhinote.com/ heres a calculator, i think if you are under .1 uwill be fine, ive used the vent area calculator on here and it gives verry large areas ussually

Archived