Sundown Audio

What do you guys think about this amp?

Raptorman

I would get a brz line amp..

Why do you say that? Highest BRZ goes is a 2400. When I upgrade to the beefier sub I would rather have a 3k over a 2.4k. I have yet to place the order, just would like to see what is the best.

Edit: http://www.sonicelec...ckout[ignore]=1

It's actually even more expensive.

Theres a reason for the price difference... you see where the zrx says MAX power output 3000 watts? Yea that means with voltage at 14.4 steady ass electrical and massive current draw, you MIGHT get about 3000 for a split second...The brz line is the most "efficient" and reliable one they make for the price right now, trust me I'm speaking from experience I've dealt with hifonics before...

My budget for the amp is seriously like $400 max. As far as my knowledge goes, the price jump from a hifonics 3k to say a Sundown 3k is damned staggering.

aight man. give me a few mins. ill post any suggestions on here that i find for u.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Why do you say that? Highest BRZ goes is a 2400. When I upgrade to the beefier sub I would rather have a 3k over a 2.4k. I have yet to place the order, just would like to see what is the best.

Theres a reason for the price difference... you see where the zrx says MAX power output 3000 watts? Yea that means with voltage at 14.4 steady ass electrical and massive current draw, you MIGHT get about 3000 for a split second...The brz line is the most "efficient" and reliable one they make for the price right now, trust me I'm speaking from experience I've dealt with hifonics before...

Hmm.. Tough spot. Because I will be greatly upgrading my electrical here pretty soon. H/O alt, more batts, so I would be able to deal with the extra current draw. And in the mean time before I got all that and THEN my new sub, it would be wired to only 2 ohm.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

If he wants to buy a swap shop amp then let him! You can only lead a horse to the water, you cant force it to drink. When he wants real power and better parts, with more efficiency he will be looking into one of the many more respectable and reliable brands.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Hmm.. Tough spot. Because I will be greatly upgrading my electrical here pretty soon. H/O alt, more batts, so I would be able to deal with the extra current draw. And in the mean time before I got all that and THEN my new sub, it would be wired to only 2 ohm.

trust what ppl are saying. if u r gonna get hifonics go with the brz line up.

i did find an amp that is supposedly able to do 3k rms. its an audiopipe i have never used them. an have heard both good an bad things about them. but here is a link to them. http://www.amazon.com/Audiopipe-AP30001D-Monoblock-Remote-Control/dp/B000XS441K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346644023&sr=8-2&keywords=audiopipe+3000+watt+amp

My build

98 s10 2.2

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

A few Deka g31 batts.

for 400 you would be close to the price of a used sundown 3000 which would be much better..hell you could even get an aq2200 like I have and run it down to .5 you can do a lot better than a hifonics with 400 bro trust me you'll notice the difference in quality..

i never even thought about the AQ 2200. if im not mistaken u can also stack those. im not to sure how that works, so if im wrong. PLEASE correct me. but u could buy an AQ 2200 for about 450 with shipping. an then when u get more funds later on. u could get another 1 an link them together an get 4400 watts of power to your subs. not to sure if im right. but if i am, then im sure some1 will correct me

My build

98 s10 2.2

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

A few Deka g31 batts.

Hmm the strapping thing is a good idea. I just might do that! Thanks

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

To whatever said the hifonics lines aren't that respectable I'd disagree. The brz and bre lInes do what they say and do it pretty good. They really aren't that power hungry like everyone thinks. But if u need more than the brz line offers go to the collosus. Same amp basically. Either way gl with ur choice

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Look for CEA-2006. If it is CEA-2006 certified then it does put out rated power. You'll notice boss isn't cea certified.

that CEA rating is a joke if you are basing your idea of a good amp being cea rated you really havea lot to learn. You can buy that cea rating ;)

Hifonics is just another company that is living off the name they created previously. Soundstream us amps RE audio are some others.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived