Sonic Electronix

A word to the wise regarding Sonic

OP, look out for a PM shortly so I can confirm your info and get this issue resolved, and provide you with my direct contact info in case you need to follow-up.

Upon first glance, it does seem that the return was processed improperly. I am following up with our warranty manager to confirm this. More troubling to me are the issues you had dealing with our customer service department; as frustrating as it can be to blow a tweeter, I know that it can be infinitely more frustrating to deal with the "run-around" that it seems you were given. This is the first I've seen of this, so I can't give you a better resolution at this moment, but please rest assured that this is sincerely my #1 priority until it is resolved.

(I fully agree that the location of the "Authorized Internet Dealer" can be a bit misleading, although the specific information about the product's warranty policy/provider are contained in the product description. We are working on some aesthetic changes to the site that will prevent such a misunderstanding from recurring.)

Sincerely,

Daniel Z.

468x60.jpg

There ya go :D

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

To Steve: I apologize if when I said they told me to "screw off" could have been taken literally. Of course they didn't say that. In fact, they weren't rude at all. However, the point I was trying to convey is that the "policy" of not honoring warranty's on products if their serial number's were removed was not shown anywhere throughout any of the warranty info or FAQ's. This is what I meant by them telling me to "screw off", in the sense that I had no warning that if a SN was damaged it would void the warranty. However, you better believe I will from this point forward not even attempt to blemish that little dinky sticker. In fact, I will be placing a piece of clear packing tape over every single SN from this day forward; as all it is, as you know, a small little paper label. On the subject of the 3Sixty.2 issue being "user error" I spoke with Forest at Rockford Fosgate in depth on multiple occasions due to the .2 experiencing different issues(using the .2 knob as bass control not working, losing retained settings, not connecting bluetooth like you said), what caused me to send it in however was that one day when I turned my truck on (.2 had been installed and working for months) the audio faded from the rear to the front, then from the front to the front right speaker at low potential. I shut the truck off and there was a loud "pop". I verified all of my connections and everything was sound, restarted the truck and it did the exact same thing minus the "pop". I then took my Oscilloscope and attempted to measure the output on the output side of the 3Sixty.2 to see what exactly was going on. The Front R and Rear R & Sub outputs were sending signal just fine, however, Front L and Rear L outputs were not sending any signal, AC voltage or anything. I again called Forest and he was perplexed and said it could be an internal board issue that created my problem. Upon pulling the .2 to send it in, I decided to check all of my speaker connections to ensure it wasn't an issue with any of them. And that is when I discovered that the 3 tweeters on the left bank were blown. I would assume this was caused by that "pop" or backfeed, as the day before they were playing loud and clear. In terms of it being "a set of tweeters" and me "throwing them under the bus", unfortunately it isn't such an inexpensive replacement. If you consider the shipping I paid to get the blown set back to them, then back to me as they would not cover that it was nearly $50, then obtaining a new pair of T2T-S(RF is out of spares to replace them at a lower price) those would cost $140, so $190 total to just get a pair of tweeters replaced? $190 is the price I paid for the entire T2652-S component set, and for me that is no small chunk of change to be dismissed.

To forum members: I apologize if this was taken as a "stay away" from SonicElextronix. That is not what I meant it to be. All I have ever gotten from them previous to this issue was upstanding customer support and the best prices around. So that is why I was taken back by this situation and the lack of support on their behalf. However, Daniel is now on the situation and myself and him spoke today and he insures me that a new set of T2652-S will be getting shipped today. What I meant to convey in this thread was the importance of not damaging those blasted SN's and that if you do, you will be left with little option. Daniel has reinstilled faith in SonicElextronix for me, and I will continue to shop through them as this is the type of customer support every business should aspire to have. I also apologize for posting a heated topic without thinking with a level head. However, I was left with little choice.

Thank you for your help in this matter Daniel, Steve, Snafu and any other behind the scenes ninja's!

Glad to hear that Daniel helped you... I think we should close this back up now since issue at hand is resolved :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌