Thats some nice gear and loving your design, Should turn out pretty well!

I hope so!

What's even nicer about the gear, I got it all really cheap! Except from the wiring and the subwoofer that I payed full price on some years ago.

I allready mentioned the amps, the Focal set I got for half price (un)used bnib, and the HU I got as part trade for an old snowmobile.

The woofer is actually pretty nice, it's only ratet to 300W but it's a robust design, and goes really deep in only 2cu.ft sealed enclosures.

Also just picked up al my speaker wire. Theese are also Inakustik with a nice silicone type insulation. There's some small wire for the tweeters, ssome bigger for the mids, and some bigger still for the woofer.

IMAG1190.jpg

And that's a blown DD2515 in the background

Very interesting setup ... Nice !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Very interesting setup ... Nice !!!

Thank you!

I'm hoping for a nice sound from this. Not to sure about the tweeter in the Focal set, it's quite hard sounding I think. But at +6db I should be able to livwith it for now. I've allways had decent quality speakers in my room, and I don't want the car to sound too much worse.

IMAG1195.jpg

I"M DIGGIN THE BOSCH DRILL CASE YOU HAVE!!! I WOULD LOVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT FOR MY DRILL!!!! NOT SURE WHY I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS OTHER THAN TO SHOW MY EXCITEMENT......................my bad! LOL!!

Looking good man. What's the thickness on the wire. Can you show me some end shots when you get a chance? How much was it per ft?

I"M DIGGIN THE BOSCH DRILL CASE YOU HAVE!!! I WOULD LOVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT FOR MY DRILL!!!! NOT SURE WHY I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS OTHER THAN TO SHOW MY EXCITEMENT......................my bad! LOL!!

Looking good man. What's the thickness on the wire. Can you show me some end shots when you get a chance? How much was it per ft?

Yea it's pretty nice! And it's really my mothers :)

The wire would be equivalent to 15awg $0.5 per ft(for the tweets), 13awg $1 per ft(for the mids), and 11awg $2 per ft(for the sub) Yes, there's three different wires in that bundle.

The last one is a slightly higher quality. I don't know how expensive that it compared to what you pay, but I don't excactly live in the cheapest country, neither did I use the cheapest store.

I can try to take a few shots, but not sure if my phone is up to the job.

No that looks good. I have stinger twisted cable, atm, but I'm not sure if i'm going to use it or not. I have stinger 8 ga for subs, and the 16ga for mid range, mid bass, and tweets. Was just thinking of selling it and moving to something a little cheaper. But maybe not. Looks like good wire though. Nice!

I think it's a good wire, might look boring and plain but it feels different and higher quality than the other kinds of wires i have.
And those Stinger wires looks really nice! A (the only) local store that sells propper audio equipment have it, but I can guess it's really pricey! What do you pay for it in the states?

I have a roll of black plastic wire loom though, so I'll use that as protection.

Anyway, here is the only pic I've gotten so far today. Theese are the pieces the amps will be mounted on.

IMAG1214.jpg

I've got them assembled with the propper agles and stuff, but no pics yet..

Archived